• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Dual Sport Bike Rental, Smoky Mountains and Big Bend Texas

You bringing that Super-Ten to Big Bend this winter?? I may have to try it for a day if you do.

Not sure if we'll bring the Super Ten to the Big Bend or not this winter, I guess it depends on how much demand.
Scott, you going to make it up this way anytime soon, if not maybe we'll see ya this March at the Round the Bend.
Dan

Scott, you going to make it up this way anytime soon, if not maybe we'll see ya this March at the Round the Bend.
Dan

:tab I was talking about this with some folks this weekend in Arkansas. There seems to be some interest in me putting together a group trip. If there is enough interest, I'd gladly put a trip together for street and DS riders.

Hey Scott,
If you do put a trip together up here let me know what I can do, I'd be glad to put some routes together for your group and help in any way I can.

Dan

Yee Haw!! Gettin to be that time again, we plan on setting up shop down in Terlingua January 18th through March 10th this coming year. Again we will be at Big Bend Resort where Hwys. 118 and 170 meet.
Do to the response we have already have we'll bring a few more bikes this year as we have several larger groups already booked.
Along that line we now have a Yamaha Super Tenere in the fleet, just want to know if there would be much demand for this beast down there, please let us know if you might be interested in trying this bike out in the Big Bend.
Thanks,
Dan

Dang, I'll miss you as I will be down there post Christmas and coming back New Years. I hope you have a good time!

I almost bought an S-10, and would definitely be interested in renting it in Big Bend country. Thanks!

OK boys and girls, loading up the trailer for round 2, January 18th through March 10th. This year we will be back at the Big Bend Resort where Hwys. 118 and 170 intersect in beautiful downtown Terlingua / Study Butte.
We're bringing 3 KLR650's, a WR250, KLX250, DR200, and 2 DR650's for your riding pleasure.
Give us a call if we can help ya out, or if your in the area at least stop in and say Hi.
Dan

We're here and all set up for the winter, weather is fantastic and the riding even better. Give us a call if you have any questions about riding the Big Bend.

Dan

Dan, I don't know how much riding you get to do yourself while you are down there, but if you get the chance, I highly recommend heading over to Big Bend Ranch State Park. There is some fantastic riding over there!! Here's my report from a recent trip:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68232

Hey Scoot, I've done a little ridin up in the State Park but plan on taking a tent up and spend a couple of days exploring. Great ride report on the Ranch, read every bit of it, thanks.
Dan

We now have a couple of bikes, DR200 and a DR650, full time in Texas. The fine folks at CycleTec, Ralph and Tommie Delmar, have agreed to help us out. If you need a rental bike in the Big Bend give them a call at 432-371-2560 or you can call our shop at 865-448-6090.

Thanks,
Dan

Heading your way at the end of May. We'll be staying in Balsam Grove, South of the BRP on Hwy 215 for a week. We will try to get over your direction to say hi. Might hit you up for some riding recommendations.

Hey Scott, let me know if I can be of any help when you head this way, you bringing little bikes? Maybe I can get a pass and go play with ya'll a day.
Dan

Do you or the cabins next door allow small dogs in the cabins? Thanks

Hi Pops,
If the pooch is well behaved and small the Boss will allow it in our cabin, not sure on the other cabins in the area.
Dan

Big Bend TX 2014

It's that time of the year again for our annual migration to beautiful and sunny Terlingua TX. We'll be operating January 18td through March 10th next year providing dual sport rentals, maps and routes of the area, and can fix you up with a guide if you like.
Bikes available include a Suzuki DR200 and 6- KLR650's.
Where is Big Bend you ask? Situated in the Chihuahuan desert with 7000' tall mountains along the Rio Grande River in West TX. Fantastic riding can be had as we are just outside the Big Bend National Park and just East of the Big Bend Ranch State Park, both offering many miles of off pavement riding for all levels of riders. We are located in Terlingua, home of the World Famous Chile Cook Off with lots of stuff to see as well as some good eats and really entertaining locals.
How do I get there? Well, naturally you could drive, but even if you live in TX it could still be quite a haul. Plan on flying into the Midland TX airport, we now have a pkg. including 5 days full size rental car, 4 nights lodging, and 3 days motorcycle rental for under $700, based on dbl. occupancy.
FREE T-Shirt for all rentals booked in December!
Call 865-448-6090 to reserve or if you have any questions.
CLICK HERE for more info.
CLICK HERE for more pics.
DSCN2583-M.jpg

Last edited:
Come join us this winter as we celebrate our 5th year renting dual sport bikes down in beautiful Terlingua Texas. Our dates for 2015 are January 15th through March 18th, and as in the past we will be located at Big Bend Resort and Adventures at the intersection of Hwys. 118 and 170. We'll have 3- KLR650's, 2- DR650's a DR200 and a Yami XT225 to choose from.
Best to fly into the Midland / Odessa airport, rent a cage, from there we are a 4 1/2 hour drive down to Terlingua.
Great dual sport riding in both the Big Bend National Park as well as the Big Bend Ranch State Park to the west.
Questions, just give us a call at 865-448-6090

You don't care who you associate with do you. :lol2:

DSCN3140-XL.jpg

Back for the 6th year, our dates of operation will be January 22nd through March 18th 2016. Still at the same location in Terlingua, at the intersection of Hwys 118 and 170 at the Big Bend Motor Inn.
Come on down and ride this year, we'll have KLR and DR 650's and a Yami XT250 for your riding pleasure.
Call office at 865-448-6090 for more info.
Thanks,
Dan

Time is winding down, we're pretty booked through the end of February but still have some bikes available in early March. Weather is great and riding even better, if your interested best to give us a call at 865-448-6090.

Back