• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

D/FW - TARA Camping & Eating March 11

Reaction score
I'll be hosting a D/FW - TARA shindig on Saturday, March 11. About 90 miles west of Ft. Worth.

The plan (Plan A);

Meet in Graham at Burgers N Billiards (behind the Whataburger) @ 11:00am. We'll throw down on a burger, ride some dirt roads west of town, & end up at my deer cabin about dark. We'll have supper by the campfire. I have several bunk beds for the older/fatter/non-campers like me, & anyone with a good camping set up (tent or hammock) is welcome to bring it.

Sunday morning a quick breakfast, we may ride some easy ranch roads, then head out. It'd be nice to have a lunch place in mind for Sunday somewhere, (I'll leave that to someone else who can plan), or just head on home at your convenience.

Anyone is invited, especially any Ft Worth/Dallas or area riders. Dirt roads will be easy (if it's easy enough for me, any idiot can ride it), with pavement options going around.

This sounds like fun. I'll join you if I manage to come back to Dallas that weekend

Sounds interesting, need to see what my better half has in mind for me so I know what kind of work I need to avoid.

Sounds interesting, need to see what my better half has in mind for me so I know what kind of work I need to avoid.

I checked with the boss and I am in.
Sometimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

I'm planning to be there for riding and lying Sat and Sunday, but will slumber in my own bed.

I am going to run up the 4 thru Santo. I have been told the road has been repaired and is now open?

I will be in my own bed but would like to ride both days

Seeing the forecast turning sour ...

Sometimes words hurt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I got that going for me ...

Screen-Shot-2016-12-20-at-9.37.19-PM.png

You are correct ... the weather forecast has changed.

No rain Friday now .... it's all moved to Saturday.

Can I come stay Friday night?

I enjoyed the ride. Had several turn out and enjoyed meeting new folks. Was a good time and I got to try the strom out in the sand. First pass was interesting. Second pass went better. Always wanted to see Ft Griffin and we went there. Just never took the time to stop. Aaron's narration made the first visit more complete and interesting. I must mention, Aaron is quite the historian on the early days of the west. Look forward to another ride. I will post some pics in the gallery.

If it weren't for the cross winds it would have been even better.
Got home yesterday and wasn't feeling all that great. By 7 it was a full blown case of the flu. Hope that no one else got what I have.

Back