• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Truck Trailer Storage around Amarillo.

Reaction score
I am looking for a short term storage option for my truck and 16ft low boy trailer in August. Dates August 16th thru 30th. My riding buddy has just finished Cancer Treatments so I am concerned about the Texas heat. Will be headed to Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m following this with interest. And I hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up Sudan TX on your map. It's a very small town about 80 miles southwest of Amarillo. If it helps you I have a large driveway you could park in.

Thank you for the offer. I will be traveling from the DFW area so this looks like it will be a little out of our way thanks for the offer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Personally, I’d go a little further like Raton. The stretch from Amarillo to Raton can be just as brutal and the scenery is pretty much the same as the rest of TX.

Personally, I’d go a little further like Raton. The stretch from Amarillo to Raton can be just as brutal and the scenery is pretty much the same as the rest of TX.

Same. The Quality Inn in Raton allowed me to park for a week.Large concrete lot behind the hotel. I've used it two out of the last three years. Of course I stayed with them at the front end of both trips and the back end of one trip.

I'd agree with Raton, where the Summerlan RV Park will store your vehicle for $1 per day. In Amarillo, you might check local RV parks - there's on at the east end on I-40 that's quite large - only takes a phone call. Alternatively, if you have a church affiliation, call a local church & ask nicely. I once left my Jeep & a MC trailer at the Central Church of Christ there for a week. Only problem being it wasn't fenced or watched. But no harm came to anything.

I'd agree with Raton, where the Summerlan RV Park will store your vehicle for $1 per day. In Amarillo, you might check local RV parks - there's on at the east end on I-40 that's quite large - only takes a phone call. Alternatively, if you have a church affiliation, call a local church & ask nicely. I once left my Jeep & a MC trailer at the Central Church of Christ there for a week. Only problem being it wasn't fenced or watched. But no harm came to anything.

+1 for Summerlan RV park in Raton. Use them quite often.

Also the Raton Police will let you park in their front lot under security cameras for a little more. Last time they charged me $5 per day but capped it off at 7days. (I parked there for almost 2 weeks).

Back