• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while, so it's time for an introduction.
First bike in 66' and have always had at least one in th barn ever since.
Track and street, off-road and on, and never have enough free time to ride.
Yes, I'm an X yankee, but I got got here as fast as I could...77'
Spent time in Houston, San Antonio and now DFW so I can tuck my pants legs into my boot top's with confidence.
Go ahead... let the gray beard fool ya'

Mr T

The older I get the faster I was...:wave:

Never too old to learn. I just took my training course/got my license and I'm in my forties:welcome: Ran across other riders New Year's Eve who are in their forties/fifties as well. No lady riders unfortunately! Welcome to the website from a native Houstonian transplant to Dallas.

Howdy! :wave:
All grey beards welcome 'round these parts!

Yikes... I have grey in my beard and I haven't even hit 40 yet! :shock: I hear the grey makes you faster :rider:

Welcome to the site!

Squeaky said:
Howdy! :wave:
All grey beards welcome 'round these parts!

Hey ... I resemble that statement!

Welcome to the site and welcome to Texas!

'77 - Have you applied for naturalization? The test is... well I can't tell you, cuz I don't want to scare you.

In a way I am a newbie ... to slab anyway. I finally got a license last summer after 30+ years in the dirt. DS riding is fun, but it still spooks me when a car passes me.

Teeds said:
'77 - Have you applied for naturalization?

HAHAHA, good one.

Welcome to the site. I hope you can make some of the meet n greets or join us on a ride.

See ya

If I could grow one, it probably would be gray. What parts north of the Red River you hail from? Any good riding back home?

Tourmeister said:
Yikes... I have grey in my beard and I haven't even hit 40 yet! :shock: I hear the grey makes you faster :rider:

Welcome to the site!

Sometimes, faster makes you grey. :nono:

Welcome & howdy, Mr T.
I pity the fool who thinks you're slow!

I got grey in my beard, so I shaved it!!

Welcome aboard.

Uhhh... I have grey chest hairs too... :uhoh: Having been shaved once before for surgery and suffering the slow process of having it grow back, I don't think I will use your strategy :nono:

For those hairs I just either button my shirt up, or wear a big medal made out of the front end of a luxury car on a heavy gold chain. Then no one can see the gray hair...

The best is when they shave patches for an EKG. Then you just look like you have mange for a few weeks. :brainsnap

I hear the grey makes you faster
It does , Take my word on that ,
We need all the oldsters we can get , then we will outnumber the youngsters. SEYA

Welcome to Texas and TWT. A little gray comes from riding too fast, don't ask me how I know that. :rider:

So, if I ride more, the gray will go away? :rider:

A LOT of kids - no - just all both of 2 boys - both grown and gripe a lot... :uhoh:

Back