• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Grimes County

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Wright
Hi to all,

Steve (jaymackwright) here – I live a little west of Plantersville, TX just off Hwy 105. My first bike was a much abused Honda trail 90 I bought with paper route money in 1967. After 15 other dirt and street bikes come and go, last month I purchased my first ever NEW bike in the form of a 2006 Buell Ulysses. So far (~1300 miles) I am enjoying this machine.

About a year ago I bought a ’03 KLR650, and have been exploring the “non-paved” parts of Grimes County ever since. This bike is the best smiles per $$ bargain I have ever owned and will be in the stable forever. You can also find me on my ’96 H-D Heritage Softail, however right now the Buell gets ALL the attention.

Looking forward to meeting some of ya’ll, I will try to get to the Montgomery Supper and introduce myself.

take care,
Steve :patriot:

:welcome: You actually found a Ulysses? lucky you! I need a DS type bike to go along with my 05 Heritage. These folks have too much fun with theirs. Now, I just have to win the lottery. :ponder:

jaymackwright said:
About a year ago I bought a ’03 KLR650, and have been exploring the “non-paved” parts of Grimes County ever since.

Heck, the KLR is a good choice for the "paved" ones too -- when I see the Grimes County sign I start holding on tight to the bars. Them some bumpy roads, man.

:flip:

Hehe... just joshin' ya -- :welcome:

:tab Good grief! Another Steve!! :-P Welcome to the site! I look forward to hearing your impressions of the Ulysses, especially in the dualsport mode ;-) Keep an eye on the Dualsport forum as it has been growing fast lately. There are lots of rides going on too! I hope you can make it out to King's on Thursdays, will be nice to meet you.

Welcome Steve. I live right down the road in Magnolia. I was riding around Plantersville Christmas weekend and found some great dirt and mud. You need to dust that KLR off and join us for our next SHNF ride. Like Scott says, watch the DS forum for dates.

Steve

Howdy :wave:

The Ulysses is a neat bike. Sat on one at the MC Show and was somewhat impressed, but there are a few "weird" things about it. Then again, how can I call any bike weird when I have a Strom? :brainsnap

Hey Steve fancy meeting you here, I can't wait to get a closer look at that Buell. We need to get together again for a run on the KLR's, do you still ride it now that you have the Buell?
LAter....

Back