• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First time on here!

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Herring
:thumb:
Hi, my name is John and I ride a 2003 Kawasaki Voyager XII at this time in my life and have a burning desire to get a smaller standard or dual sport when funds will allow. Then I will have 2 bikes, that will probably satisfy me. Well, I may have to figure out how to tow the smaller bike behind the Voyager so I can enjoy it on some good backcountry roads. Just a thought.
I have a beautiful co-pilot who just will not be left behind and that suits me fine. We enjoy riding together and are active with the Lone Star Voyagers Motorcycle Club.
Returning to Liberty from the Austin area about a year or so ago we stopped for a break at the store on the corner of 1488 and 242. There was a BMW F650 parked next to a nice SV, it could have been a Vstrom, parked in front when we pulled in. We took care of the necessary things and when we got back outside there were a couple of riders sitting on the curb by those bikes.
I can't remember the guy's name but I believe that the young lady's name was Rebeca and she gave me a TWT card. We kicked tires for a while and we had to get on our way to home. If they remember us, Hello again.
My co-pilot and I have been given nicknames from one of our friends because of our Nolan N100E helmet colors, yellow for me and red for her. Our friend tagged us M&M. She said that those were her two favorite color of M&Ms candy. At least I can tell my preacher what my nickname is.
I work with a guy who rides a yellow VFR who has been on some of your rides who is named Hugh.
See you all sometime soon. Ride Safe.
John in Liberty

Hey John, sure like the Liberty area. Been quite a few years since I lived there, but even with growth, I'm sure the back country is much as it was when I was there.

While you look around this site, check out the areas on dual sport riding. Quite a few here have bikes that like to get offroad, and they are good about offering good write ups. Your fortunate to have you wife riding with you. My wife won't get near the bike, and I'm not going to try and change that. Hopefully in time she'll agree to make a weekend jaunt with me.

Look forward to meeting you on one of our upcoming pie runs (or bbq, burgers, whatever it ends up being).

David

Welcome to the site, John. Hugh and Rebecca are regulars around here (watch her, she will want to ride your bike!).

Getting a dual sport is one of the best things I have done lately. I grew up riding dirt bikes, then enduro's, then street bikes. Going back to the dirt brings out the kid in you. It is wonderfull to ride along and see a dirt road or trail and just go down it to see where it goes. You never know what you will find. The big dual sports can go anywhere.

Steve

VoyagerJohn said:
I can't remember the guy's name but I believe that the young lady's name was Rebeca and she gave me a TWT card. We kicked tires for a while and we had to get on our way to home. If they remember us, Hello again.

Hi :wave:

You know, I don't remember this chance encounter but I'm glad I always carry some TWT cards with me. Come to think of it. I don't think I even know where 1488 & 242 is... :ponder:

I must have been following whoever it was I was with, but now I don't know that either since the only F650 would have been Dower but he and I always have others in tow... Ok, so now I'm REALLY confused :scratch: Maybe it was the 1150GS and it was Scott?

Well anyway, enough of my rambling. Glad you finally came 'round here and introduced yourself to the group. I think you'll like it here, especially if you've got an itch for some dual-sporting. Seems to be something going around that nobody can quite understand.... :rider:

No, it was a F650, single cylinder and he was short with a slim build. If it was you I remember that you got some cards out of a soft seat bag and the bike was either silver or blue. I also remember you saying that you had another bike stored in conroe and that if he was leaving that you had to go because you did not know where you were.
I believe that you had been up in the San Jancinto National Forest riding that day.
I remember that both of you had full gear which made me happy:clap:

VoyagerJohn said:
... if he was leaving that you had to go because you did not know where you were...

Well, that part sure sounds like me! :roll:

This group is pretty good about gear. Even if not "full", almost everyone is a helmet, boots, gloves rider. It's the jeans that are a hard habit to break, ya know. Myself included!

:tab It was my garage... ;-) Dower is not short, but he is slim and rides an F650, but it is the Dakar version. Don't know of anyone else that Squeaky would have been riding with that would have a regular F650 :shrug: Nonetheless, welcome to the site! Careful riding with Hugh... he'll bring out the squid in you ;-) :lol2:

It was a Dakar now that I visulize it again, and he was sitting on the curb most of the time.
It is good talking with you all.
Ride Safe, okay.

Tourmeister said:
Dower is not short...

Umm, yeah he is - don't you remember him not being able to get his feet down with the GS in Arkansas and ending up underneath it :rofl:

Well... not exceptionally short ;-) That would be Lauren :lol2:

Back