• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from San Antonio...

S

slowGEEZR

Hi, I recently moved here from Alexandria, VA and am looking forward to riding as much of Texas as possible! I also want to meet fellow riders and join in on the fun of motorcycling here. I left Austin for the D.C. area in 1984 to follow my career. Now that I've retired (March 2nd - woohoo!) I've come back home. Things have changed! Austin doesn't look much like how I left it and the traffic there has become unbelievable. Deserted roads I used to ride in the Hill Country near there have become cluttered with houses and traffic. I'm hoping to find great riding in the Hill Country near San Antonio and have already done a decent day ride, but I know there is a lot more good riding out there and members here probably know where it is.
I currently ride a BMW R1200GS and consider it to be the finest bike I've ever owned. It did great on a 5 week roundtrip ride from VA to CA and I want to use it to find some of Texas's many ghost towns. I take it pretty easy on the street these days and don't have anything to prove. I've done plenty of track riding and know that the fast stuff should be done there. That said, there are times when the conditions warrant that I pick up the pace to a fun level from time to time. I tend to leave a good sized margin of safety, as I intend to be around to watch my two beautiful grandaughters grow.
Anyway, enough about me. Hope to meet some of you on the next Pie Run.

:welcome: Steve

Congrats on retiring in Texas. Even though it has changed, you are still close to some of the best parts of Texas.

And you said the magic words: Pie Run! :thumb:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

:tab There are quite a few SA area riders on the site. For some reason though, they never really have gotten organized in terms of doing bike nights and any kind of regular rides :shrug: Most of that kind of thing gets started by someone just posting up the details and seeing who will show. May take a few tries but it usually works. So feel free to take the lead on that :-P

:tab The best riding is going to be in the direction of Bandera, Kerrville, etc,...

From one sort-of-slow gezer to another: Welcome home.
P.S. YEAR 'ROUND riding here, in case you've forgotten.

Judging by your avatar, I'd say your screenname isn't correct!

Welcome aboard! :wave:

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm discovering the hill country around San Antonio. Visited Luckenbach today via some nice twisty backroads. Ended up in Austin, then made the trip back to San Antonio. I left at 11:30 and got home at 8:30. Then I relaxed by playing some vinyl (Lucinda Williams - "West" and Wilco - "Sky Blue Sky"), both great albums.

I live in Schertz and am always ready for a ride. Rain or Shine!

2007 KLR

Kevin

Welcome to Good Ole San Antone!!!! It seems that there are several riders in our town, hope we can have a Meet and greet soon. Like Tmaster said we need to do this several times so, lets do it!!!!!! If I can find a place to meet, will you'all come???? How about Bun& Barrel on Austin Hwy? It is a long time tradition in S A. Anybody game???? Sorry for the thread Hi-jack. Welcome slowgeezer!!!!!!! Howdy from another one, who likes sidecars, have 2 of them!!! Hope to meet some of you at the pie run this weekend!

:welcome: Nathan!

You need to start your own introduction so we can abuse you separately! :lol2:

The San Antonio folks are starting to multiply! :eek2:
(The Pie Run is in Medina this Saturday - it's close to ya'll)

Howdy. Just returned to SA after a stint away myself. Hope to see ya around sometime!

Hi Nathan, how are the rocker arms doing in your Duc? They used a batch of untreated rocker arms for some years of the 996. If they wear out, you should be able to get a free replacement. I didn't have the problem with my 998, but my buddy did with his 996.

Back