• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello Everyone

Reaction score
First Name
Neville
Last Name
Robeson
I hope you Texicans don't mind a Florida boy sneaking in amongst you.

I've been bike crazy all my life with a motoX and hill climbing youth to the present where I find myself a 47 year old fishing guide of 29 years in SW Florida. Older, fatter, and slower now, I still love riding but without the "how far can I jump this" attitude from years gone by.

My current rides are:

1993 BMW R100 GS/PD ** Love this torquey machine.

2003 BMW R1150 GS Sport. ** This one loves the open road!

2007 Suzuki DR 650 ** I ride this one somewhere almost every day. Maybe because it's the newest to me but I think also because it has a little bit of dirtbike feel and it wheelies nicely. OK, I guess I didn't lose all that wildness yet. LOL. Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hello.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

How'd you find your way here?

Welcome to the site! :wave:

How'd you find your way here?

Thank you all for the welcome. I have been a member of the ADVentureRider site for a while and really enjoy that site. I met Gocatgo there and she gave me the invite to come check out you Texans at TWT. This site is wonderful although I'm still getting the hang of finding my way around.

:rider:

Pics of bikes and your boat? Off-shore or just where ever the fish are biting?

Pics of bikes and your boat? Off-shore or just where ever the fish are biting?

I'm sorry but I'm too stooopid to know how to post pics. The only offshore stuff I do is tarpons and shark. I don't usually have to go out very far. With fuel prices having gone crazy I have given up on the wreck fishing. I have two boats. The Pursuit 235 center console is great offshore. My bay boat is a Parker 23' CC Sanibel edition. Great for the flats and the bushes with a 10" draft for the hull.

September is the slowest month for charters here so I get some time to work around the house and tinker with my bikes. I hope to sneak away in October to go shoot some sticks through the deer on our family farm up in OH for my ...

:eat:

I gotta try bone fishing or just get myself offshore once in my life.

You need to go a bit south of me for them. I have only seen three of them caught around the Sanibel Island area in my 32 years here although I did catch quite a few fingerling bones in my net this summer while netting white bait. This got us a bit excited at the prospect that we might have a crop of them around here. I doubt it though. The South Florida Water Mismanagement District is on a course of distruction for our ecosystems here. I guess the main thing is that big sugar and all the politicians are getting rich as our fisheries erode year by year.

Back