• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aloha From Big Island

Reaction score
Lived in Texas till 2004 - moved to Hawaii for the wife to work and support me. That lasted about a month then she said get a job or start swimming. I got a job.

Lived in Texas from form 55 til 04. During that time lived in Richardson, Dallas, Plano, Presidio, Bankok for a year (spent a lot of time in Mexico riding) and now am in Hawaii.

Looking forward to returning to Texas within the next couple of years as there are only so many roads here and they all seem to run in circles or end up at waters edge.

Saw this forum and decided to join to see what is happening back there. I ride a Honda Sabre and 77 sporty thats been reworked several times. Right now it is in Presidio being put back together by a friend.

Welcome to the site. We just might have to get the powers that be to arrange a pie run to your neck of the woods. :lol2:

Wow! Scott can we have a pie run there????? :lol2:

Welcome to the site...

Wow,

How many reasons did you give me to not like you? ;-)

Let's see.......... live in the incredible state of Hawaii, killer roads to ride, wife taking care of you.....,etc, etc. :lol2:

Welcome aboard.

I have never been to Hawaii sooooooooo, it is as awesome there as I think it is?

See ya,
Chris

Great place to visit and leave your money (according to the locals). I agree. It is not a place where I would want to live and/or retire to. I have lived on the Mexican border for many years and I have never met a more racially prejudice group of people (local and Hawaiian Blood) in my entire life. Dont get me wrong there are some very nice local and Hawaiians here - but there is also the other extreme.
Great place to ride for a while - then you start seeing the same roads all over again. You can ride in a circle only so many times. I do enjoy living here for a while - we have been here for going on 5 years and I have enjoyed my time. You have to think of it as a long vacation and not a permanent move.

Cant wait to get back to mainland and continue riding in Texas and more importently back to Mexico.

But all things considered it is, has been and will be a great ride.

Back