• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New in DFW

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Hey guys, just wanted to check in and say hey. I'm 26 and I'm in the DFW area. i'm JUST looking to get into riding so we'll see how it goes. I posted a question in the General Info section asking about a bike being a daily driver, if you get a chance, drop a line in there too :)

My first bike's going to be a Ninja 250 for safety & confidence sake. Don't know squat about bikes, but i'm planning on taking a local motorcycle safety course. Just thought i'd say hi!

Welcome, e. The Ninja 250 is a good place to start. It'll get you there quick enough and you'll get about 65 miles per gallon. Have fun at the MSF course ... mine was a hoot.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

MSF is a good START to learning. It qualifies you to ride around in parking lots at low speed ;-) However, it is worth practicing those drills over and over until you are comfortable on the bike. Then I'd try traffic and the open roads. Also, decent riding gear is a good thing to consider. As one that has done the highspeed asphalt surfing, I can attest to the benefits of good gear!!

As one that has done the highspeed asphalt surfing, I can attest to the benefits of good gear!!

Same here. If it weren't for my riding gear I would still be in quite a bit of pain from my last tumble in Arkansas. Good luck with finding a bike and have fun with the MSF course.

Welcome! You'll get all kinds of good advice on this site. I guess I throw mine in for good measure:

Start small - 250 to 500cc -don't let anyone tell you that 600cc sport bike is a beginner bike
Get good gear and wear it every time you ride.
Take the safety course
Practice, practice, practice

Hiya! Don't forget to come out for coffee gatherings - Thursdays, Plano, Starbucks on the SW corner of Park & Preston.... more details in the DFW section.

Back