• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nutcase in Plano

seeker1

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
Greetings to one and all. New to the forum, new to two wheelers with motors (other than me). Since my dad has been dead for about 25 years now, I thought it was finally okay for me to buy a motorcycle! Still haven't told my mom though . . .

Anyway, I'm a 51 year old geophysicist, married to the same wonderful woman for 27 years. Two kids, a son who graduated from Arkansas last spring and is now in seminary in California and a daughter who is a junior at Oklahoma.

After tremendous consideration (and considerable disdain from my K1200LT riding best friend), I opted for a Piaggio X-9 maxiscooter for a first bike. Figured until I gain some real proficiency, I'd be better off if I could stick to twist-this-and-go, squeeze-these-and-stop. Plus I have 8 stoplights/stopsigns in my 5 mile commute to work! I've taken the MSF class, btw.

Look forward to seeing y'all around, I live about 400 yards from the NoDallas M&G Starbucks. In CO this next week but hope to make it the following week.

Wayne

Welcome... There is a meet and greet every Thursday night in your neck of the woods, see HERE. Stop by one Thursday, it is a great group of people and several of the wives and lady riders attend so have the wife come too. Hope to see you there.

Again welcome...

Welcome! I'm on the other side of D/FW, but I hope you'll find some time to join us for a meet and greet over this way some time :mrgreen:

Gilk51 should be along shortly to officially welcome you to TWT :rider:

Greetings to one and all. New to the forum, new to two wheelers with motors (other than me). Since my dad has been dead for about 25 years now, I thought it was finally okay for me to buy a motorcycle! Still haven't told my mom though . . .

:rofl: Know that story all too well. But, I eventually told my mother. Now she gets disappointed when I don't ride the bike to visit her. For some reason she thinks I get there faster. :scratch:

Welcome from another 51 year old guy! I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum though. Been riding since I was 15 and my dad actually bought me my first bike. Oh, mom knows I ride too!

Anyway, I'm a 51 year old geophysicist, married to the same wonderful woman for 27 years.
... <snip> ...
I opted for a Piaggio X-9 maxiscooter for a first bike.

:welcome: young feller!

We have several maxi-scooter riders around, the Tarrant County group has Soozy on her Burgman 650 (formerly sharkey's) and my wife on her Aprilia Atlantic 500. There is also a couple down in Austin who ride a pair of BVs...

There are more Burgmans and Atlantics but haven't seen those guys (yep, guys, too) in a while. So you are in good company.

Now, you need to learn about the Pie Runs... :trust:

Welcome to the site.

I guess you've been in Plano long enough to know that there are some impatient and distracted drivers out there. Drive defensively and keep one eye on your mirrors.

Welcome nutcase, Although I am down yonder, Spring, I have a connection with Plano because my bride use to live there. My father inlaw lives off of
15th near Vines High School.
I have quickly grown accustom to this site since my conception a few weeks ago.:rider: :rider:

Ride Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome. :welcome:

whew. When I first saw the title, I was afraid maybe the black Speed Triple rider in Plano had done some bonehead move (not that he hasn't). :doh:

Welcome, scooters are good, a hoot to ride and have no trouble staying up. Don't listen to nat sayers. Take it easy at first and build up your profenciency. We did this exercise last year. Still loving it.

Just remember, "If we werent all crazy, We'd all go insane"

Back