• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Holy cow... I have 12,489 unread posts!

RickV

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vail
Hope I'm not required to read every one.

I took my first ride in about 13 years this summer. I had owned 3 bikes & did a lot of touring between `77 & `94. Then sold my Venture & bought another guitar. My older bro (by 10 years) who lives in Denver invited me out in July for a little ride. He owns a `02 FJR & a `06 Gold Wing. He let me ride the FJR. Wow... what a bike!!! We spent a couple days riding around the CO Rockies before we headed out to Park City, UT for the `06 WFO (Western FJR Owners) party. Had a great time. Rode about 2K miles in about a week. I have gotten the bug again. I want to get back into it. Thinking about a V-Strom or similar this spring. Hope I get a chance to meet & run with many of you in the not too distant future.

RickV

Welcome (back to the addiction)! Please keep us updated as to your reading....not. ;-)

cowboy_howdy.gif
RickV

What part of DFW to you hail from? There are currently week night Meet & Greet events on Tuesday and Thursday.

Also, if you look under the "Quick Links" tab on the upper right you can select "Mark Forums Read" and that will start you out fresh. Then, the trick is keeping up. And again, you can use the "Forum Tools" to mark individual forums as read...

I can't believe that Chuck said NOTHING about the V-strom! :eek2: You're slipping Chuck.

Chuck: Thanks for the tips. I'm in DeSoto, but cover lots of territory around town with my work. I see you ride a wee strom. I may be checking in with you when I get closer to buying a bike. These are on my short list.

Howdy. Better get crackin' on those unread posts! :trust:

I can't believe that Chuck said NOTHING about the V-strom! :eek2: You're slipping Chuck.

:doh: I can't believe I missed that...

Chuck: Thanks for the tips. I'm in DeSoto, but cover lots of territory around town with my work. I see you ride a wee strom. I may be checking in with you when I get closer to buying a bike. These are on my short list.

We have folks from DeSoto and Red Oak that join us at the weekly Tarrant County Tuesday night things - you are certainly welcome to come talk V-Stroms. (watch out for the KLR guys, they are recruiting, too) :-P

Resistance is futile.
assimilate.gif

I was bikeless for 6 months and it killed me. Luckily though, I blew that bike up in October and was able to push it off until April. Dang, it was nice to sit in that saddle and thumb the start button though.

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have a nice taste for bikes... ;-)

Back