• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is an XR100 a sportbike?

Reaction score
The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Giesecke
Here's what I do with it:

IMG_1761.jpg

I do have a SV650S, an RS125, a KX80 motard, a GL1100A GoldWing, a 67 HondaCT90 and an old XL600R, too.

Man, with those skinny little tires, it looks like a 10 speed bicycle :lol: The guy behind you is looking a little intimidated!

Stock tire sizes, but the front is a race compound Avon so it sticks pretty well. I was sliding the rear, a BT45, a lot. By next season I have another set of wheels I'm going to lace 17s on for 125GP slicks, but the DOT stuff works okay and is great for wet weather. We've got a stock motor in it now. Soon as the BBM motor gets here, we'll be up front. Didn't do bad, though, at Katy, 7th overall and third "superbike". We can use the slicks on dry days, especially for the six hour. But, the pegs get on the ground now and then as it is with the DOT stuff, so I have to figure what I'm going to do about that. Probably just try cutting some of the peg off at the bottom for now.

Jack Giesecke

Shyah, right....When I grow up, I'd like to be 1/10th as skilled as you.

Awesome pic.

Back