• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD - Honda CRF230F, Street Legal, $2k in extras

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
It wasn't that long ago that I was on here trying to find a bike like this for my soon-to-be stepson. I bought this 2003 Honda CRF230F for him, and proceeded go crazy on it. A month later he turned 16 and got his license. I don't think I've see him since :lol2: The bike sits, and I can't stand it. It pains me, because I will lose a decent amount on this, as I've put right at about $2,000 in extras on it, not counting the excellent condition bike! But I don't want it to rot away. There has to be somebody on TWT that can appreciate it and ride it. I'm only posting it on here for now, as I don't want to deal with craigslist people. I may add it to advrider.

I plated it with a Baja Designs kit, and it has a street legal Texas title in my name. It cranks right up, electric start, and runs fantastic. Here's the list of what I did to it. I have all the stock parts I replaced, including all plastics and tank/shrouds, which are in excellent condition. Most all of this has one or two rides on it:

-2017 gas tank, shrouds, front fender, side panels, rear fender, seat cover (Throttle Jockey)
-Flu Designs graphics kit
-Baja Designs street legal kit
-DoubleTake mirror (lifetime guarantee)
-ProTaper handlebars
-TrailTech computer
-K&N air filter
-Battery Tender pigtail for trickle charger
-NGK Iridium Sparkplug DPR8EIX
-Enduro Engineering hand guards
-Ricochet aluminum skid plate
-Zeta red anodized front brake guide clamp
-Maier black front disc/fork guard
-Red fork boots
-Rev CDI box
-JBS black oversized foot pegs (had to get from Australia)
-BBR Motorsports heavy duty shock spring
-New rear OEM shock
-Red anodized rim locks
-Red anodized chain adjusters (aka snails)
-Black spoke wraps
-Black/red rim protectors/decals

Asking $2,500. Not interested in anything less at this time. Yes, you can go find a sub $2,000 CRF230, but it won't have all the goodies, and probably not street legal. Located in Round Rock.

SOLD

IMG_1301.jpg

image3_1.jpg

image2_2.jpg

image2_1.jpg

image4.jpg

image6.jpg

image3_2.jpg

image4_1.jpg

image7.jpg

image5.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Honda CRF230F, Street Legal, $2k in extras

Are you looking to adopt?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Are you looking to adopt?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

That is a great bike. I had a street legal one for a while I turned into a motard. Absolute grin machine.

Someone is going to get a nice ride.

GLWS.

The truth is, I've always wanted to deck out a 230 more than he wanted the bike :mrgreen:

How well does it handle on the street at 60 to 65 mph?

How well does it handle on the street at 60 to 65 mph?

Better than you would expect. It's actually smoother than my KTM 500 at those speeds. With the gearing on there now, you wouldn't want to do it real long, but that can be changed easily with a sprocket if you want to make it more road friendly. I have an extra sprocket for it as well, can't recall right now if it's up or down.

I don't think you even have a stepson. Lol.
That's the best looking 230 I've ever seen.
Glws.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't think you even have a stepson. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sbggLX4qKo"]Laughing Donkey - YouTube[/ame]

Ha, you guys are brutal!

It’s not for me, but that bike appears to be VERY well done at a great price. Somebody is gonna get a great deal.

Yes, as stated in the ad "-New rear OEM shock" and it also has a BBR heavy duty shock spring, red of course.

Last edited:

Wow, I wish I had longer legs! What a great bike.

Thanks all. Here are pics of the tank to show you the condition prior to surgery...

crf230tank1.jpg

crf230tank2.jpg

Last edited:

She's back up for sale. The guy on advrider was getting shipping quotes of nearly $700 :eek2: Maybe I need to go into the motorcycle shipping business....

Last edited:

She's back up for sale. The guy on advrider was getting shipping quotes of nearly $700 :eek2: Maybe I need to go into the motorcycle shipping business....

Man, I like this bike. I was glad it was getting sold and off the front page. Now here it is again.

GLWS

Back