• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kawasaki Z750s - what is it like?

R

Red Brown

I went by a local bike store recently and they had a used Kawasaki Z750s for sale. I could not find much information on it besides that it was only made for about two years. The ergo's felt very good and it seems to be a decent "sport-touring" compromise between a litre bike and the high-rev'n 600 cc engines.

Any know much about these motorcycles?

RB

I went by a local bike store recently and they had a used Kawasaki Z750s for sale. I could not find much information on it besides that it was only made for about two years. The ergo's felt very good and it seems to be a decent "sport-touring" compromise between a litre bike and the high-rev'n 600 cc engines.

Any know much about these motorcycles?

Jessica (ninjette) has one and shirazk has one for sale.

The Kawasaki ZR7S in my signature was the previous incarnation - both have roughly a 750cc engine - the Z750S has some improvements as well.

It is basically a UJM - comfortable and reliable, nothing special.

As Ninjette's SO, I can tell you she loves it. In fact she had an '05 and, when she totalled it, she replaced it with an '06. She's ridden the Z to Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore and is giving some thought to a trip to Portland, Maine. It'll run with the big boys all day long at highway speeds. It's light enough and the wheelbase is brief enough that it handles curves like a dream.

It's a wonderful motorcycle.

It'll run with the big boys all day long at highway speeds. It's light enough and the wheelbase is brief enough that it handles curves like a dream.

It's a wonderful motorcycle.

Sounds appealing...I think after comparing the Z750s to the FZ1 (first generation) that factors in weight, power, cost/benefit analysis, the plethora of aftermarket goodies, the FZ1 might be a better buy.

I am also concerned about a bike only produced for two years, might have a hard time selling when it comes time. Of course, with the old FZ1 you have to deal with carbs instead of good ol' FI as in the Z750s, especially at really high altitudes.

RB

The ZR7 and Z750 engines, as I understand it, are not the same. I was under the impression that the Z750 powerplant is a sleeved-down Z1000 and a 6-speed. The ZR7 engine is based in the Zephyr era and is a buzzy 5-speed.

The Z750 is a big draw in Europe, specifically the UK, partly because of their silly graduated licensing system, but also because it's a good bike by all accounts. It is still being made by Kawasaki and sold worldwide, it has just been pulled from the North American market specifically.

My only immediate complaint about the Z750 is its ghastly, repugnant, half fairing:

2006-kawasaki-z750s-12_460x0w.jpg

The Z750 looks much better with a normal headlight or in Z1000 trim:

Z750.jpg

Last edited:
The Z750 is a big draw in Europe, specifically the UK, partly because of their silly graduated licensing system, but also because it's a good bike by all accounts. It is still being made by Kawasaki and sold worldwide, it has just been pulled from the North American market specifically.

I get little nervous about buying a bike that has been pulled from the US market, especially for service and resale value.

Thanks anyway for the information.

RB

I get little nervous about buying a bike that has been pulled from the US market, especially for service and resale value.

Thanks anyway for the information.

RB

No problem. Don't let it worry you too much about support for the bike, though. Parts should be readily available for at least 10 more years. You're statistically only going to keep the bike for about three years, anyway.

:thumb:

No problem. Don't let it worry you too much about support for the bike, though. Parts should be readily available for at least 10 more years. You're statistically only going to keep the bike for about three years, anyway.

:thumb:

Yea, but do those statistics include Kurt?

Back