• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Last Annual BBQ at Woodbutcher's house 5/12

Rusty and Scott, thanks for the great BBQ lunch, all the work preparing it, and scheduling on a beautiful day. Of course I also enjoyed all of the conversation and visiting.

Rusty, I asked your wife for a rubber band to keep my 12v to USB adapter held tight in the socket. I was down to 7% and I needed my phone for guidance out of Austin. Please tell her that little blue rubber band did the job and is now permanently employed.

:tab I'm kind of sad this is the last one. I enjoy staying up all night and visiting around the pit. The beer sampling was fun as well! It was great to see and get to visit with GravelGuy. I just wish SweetWife had been with him as well. Sarah had a great time but she was like a zombie on the drive home :lol2: I had to stop and get a big Red Bull so I could make the drive home. I am definitely going to bed early tonight!

:tab The food was great and I enjoyed getting to sit and visit with so many other folks. I enjoy these BBQs because there is more time to visit than at something like a Pie Run. However, I know how much work goes into putting something like this together and I can understand why it is time to bring this one to an end. Here's to Rusty, Veronica, and Scott for doing the grunt work to make these happen so the rest of us can enjoy them. Let's hope something else comes along to take its place.

:tab Now I have to see if I can scheme my way into being at Ron's place next weekend for the Fish Fry...:ponder:

Rusty and Scott, thanks for the great BBQ lunch, all the work preparing it, and scheduling on a beautiful day. Of course I also enjoyed all of the conversation and visiting.

Rusty, I asked your wife for a rubber band to keep my 12v to USB adapter held tight in the socket. I was down to 7% and I needed my phone for guidance out of Austin. Please tell her that little blue rubber band did the job and is now permanently employed.
Us Wacoans had a much better ride out of the urban sprawl of Cedar Park. Great Oaks to Sam Bass & CR175 up to 2243 was a nice...non trafficky route compared to that last bit of Ronald Regan on the way down.
...well mostly...until I missed turning on Sam Bass....but easily fixed to 175
I only made two of these shindigs over the years....now I wish it had been more

BIG THANX goes out to those who've dedicated their time to put on these BBQ partys... Tricepilot..Rusty..& your respective family members...Scott..Phil....& all the other folks who contributed to a great time...& great food ...Heres to ya!

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here's to hoping that this last Scott / Rusty BBQ is really a passing of the torch!

Events like these and next weeks' Fish Fry are what make TWT more than an online community. Pie Runs and MGE's are great - I love the option for a day ride or campout 24 times a year to see friends, bikes, and food around Texas. These monthly meets are amazing. But as Scott said - the extended time allows you to slow down and really talk with folks. Takes this "online community" offline.

Thanks, of course, to Scott for the effort at the pits. 14 or so hours of standing around a hot steel box isn't always as fun as it sounds. Thanks to Rusty and Veronica for putting up with us riffraff around your home. Thanks to everyone who brought stuff - I didn't have anything that wasn't REALLY good.

And now: the search is on for the next rider with questionable judgement to allow this at their house next time 'round...

First of all, a big thanks to the hosts Veronica and Rusty and off course to Scott for all the hard work. I like all, really enjoy these events.
Like Rusty's sister said, 'ending' in 9 BBQs. is not a good number. :trust:

Everything was good, the fatties and the meat in addition to the sides that people brought.

You are all welcome. We enjoy having all the people over and with everybody contributing food and help it is not that bad. In a way, I liked the evening ones better because people stayed around even longer to visit, but on the other hand it made it harder for the folks to come in town for just the day.

And yes, several people pointed out that 3 years at Tricepilot's and 6 here is not a nice round number to stop on. So I'll leave it open as a possibility, but that will be discussion for later.

:tab I'm kind of sad this is the last one. I enjoy staying up all night and visiting around the pit. The beer sampling was fun as well! It was great to see and get to visit with GravelGuy. I just wish SweetWife had been with him as well. Sarah had a great time but she was like a zombie on the drive home :lol2: I had to stop and get a big Red Bull so I could make the drive home. I am definitely going to bed early tonight!

:tab The food was great and I enjoyed getting to sit and visit with so many other folks. I enjoy these BBQs because there is more time to visit than at something like a Pie Run. However, I know how much work goes into putting something like this together and I can understand why it is time to bring this one to an end. Here's to Rusty, Veronica, and Scott for doing the grunt work to make these happen so the rest of us can enjoy them. Let's hope something else comes along to take its place.
:tab Now I have to see if I can scheme my way into being at Ron's place next weekend for the Fish Fry...:ponder:
It was great visiting with you too, Scott! That girls of yours is sure growing up! And the conversation about the website frauds versus new members curious, indeed!
The fatties were fabulous! The beer was cold! :sun:

For those wondering, yes - I'm still alive. :-) Got home/pit put up/showered and headed to bed about 8:45 last night and slept like a rock until 7 this morning. Haven't done that in, well maybe since the last one. :deal:

I have to apologize for the brisket this time around. Phil and I were talking about it and we couldn't figure out if I pulled it too soon or too late. In either case, that 'lean' end was tough chew'n no matter how you slice it.

I had a good time and really enjoyed the moments spent with members just sitting around the firebox and talking about anything and everything. I have to tip my hat yet again to Rusty and Veronica for opening their home up to us all. This is no easy task to pull off with that many people 'invading' in such a short time frame. Thanks to all those who brought items and pitched in where it was needed to make this a success for our 9th year. Like Rusty mentioned, ending on 'nine' doesn't have any nice ring to it so we'll be talking about that down the road at some point.

Again, thanks to everyone who made it out this year.

Many thanks to the host and the cooks.
Nice to see and visit with some old friends again.

Hope to see everyone at my fish fry this Saturday.

Thanks Rusty for hosting and thanks to everyone that made this happen. We had a great time.

Kudos and thanks to all. Having been involved in a couple of these, I have a pretty good idea of what all is involved. This one was seamless from the outside looking in.

Seems like ten is a better number than nine....just saying.

Kudos and thanks to all. Having been involved in a couple of these, I have a pretty good idea of what all is involved. This one was seamless from the outside looking in.

Seems like ten is a better number than nine....just saying.

Or maybe Nine...teen...........:rider: :lol2:
Especially since I wasn't able to make this one ! ! !

Back