• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NEW Shinko 705 Dual Sport Tires

Reaction score
These new tires are the new rave over at ADV. The people that finally got them and used them have had great results to date. I finally pulled the trigger and bought a set for the Capo. However, the rear was supposedly back ordered til Sept. I found a rear and it should be here next week. After installation, I will post up a report and some pics.

A fellow DFW Texan on the ADV site rode his bike in the storms on Wednesday with no problems whatsoever. I think it is due to the big and deep block design. I think they were measuring 8-8.5mm deep.

BTW....the price is incredible. At some places you can get them for less than $100 a set.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443226

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, those tires sound good and at a good price. Just put some Tourances on my Strom but will definitely consider these Shinkos next time.....like maybe on the Tiger.

Don

I look forward to your impression of the tires. Did you have trouble ordering them? I saw lots of back order comments.

Yes.....the rear was hard to find but they actually had to order from a different warehouse. Shinko USA said that there is plenty to go around. It also depends on what size you need.

I have heard nothing but good comments about them so I decided to try 'em out. Only time will tell.

A friend of mine that has a KLR was thinking of ordering a different Shinko. He priced them at $84 a set shipped to his front door!

I have a set of 705s headed my way for the project bike too. Just mounted a set of 761 Kendas on the KLR, so it won't need new tires again for a year or so. Already looking at going 705 on it for the next set. They seem very similar in design to the Tourance or Annakee as far as tread blocks go.

here is one pic I found....

Attachments

• dirty705.jpg
    dirty705.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 288
BTW, there is a Shinko dealer in Bryan.

Pro Cycle‎
1104 S. Coulter Drive
Bryan, TX‎
(979) 209-0693‎
Called them... say they can get anything out of the catalog in 3 days...

Last edited:
Eric,

Did you purchase the H rated or Q rated tire? I need a new back tire for my Strom and have been looking at the Shinko 705 but have had trouble finding someone that has it in stock. :zen:

Eric,

Did you purchase the H rated or Q rated tire? I need a new back tire for my Strom and have been looking at the Shinko 705 but have had trouble finding someone that has it in stock. :zen:

I believe the 150 is a Q.

568315765_narAy-L.jpg

568315909_MeKvX-L.jpg

568316032_phAfk-L.jpg

What is that blue wheel rim attached too... :ponder: Aprilia?

OK...after a 340 mile jaunt down by Cranfills Gap area, I thought I would give a short review on the Shinkos thus far. I found them a bit harder to turn in as well as a bit more squirrely in the turns. This may be due to the weight of my bike on the bias ply tire but nonetheless, that is what I felt. I didn't seem to have the confidence in these than I had in the old Tourances that were on there. Now they didn't scare me. Just a quick observation from old to new. One more thing, there were a bunch of different pavements encountered as well as tar snakes and gravel. The Shinkos did great over gravel. Giving more cushion than a radial tire. And lastly, they are a bit more noisy on the road with more vibes as well. I believe the Shinko 705 to be a good tire for the TAT. Howver, being that this bike is going to see way more pavement than dirt, I would probably not put these tires on again as I like to ride aggressive on the street and I think these tires are gonna let me down over the long run. I am pretty sure my next set will be a set of Trail Attacks......if I have the bike that long.....;-)

Last edited:
Back