• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where am I? (Can you place this picture...?)

That's why I erased the name from the top of the roof. I probably should have specified that in the post. Anyone that knows the place well will know the name of the store.

Not really, I ride by there two or three times a month and usually buy gas there, but don't have any idea what its called.

Garven Store near Mountain Home.

Cheers,

Ben

We have a winner! :clap: Garven Store.
P5040049.jpg

jcm,

Close enough! This is the old Museum of the Big Bend at Sul Ross State U. It has moved since this picture.

You are up, jcm!

Cheers,

Ben

So it wasn't a courthouse afterall? I would have thought a courthouse in the panhandle of a population poor county.

Woo-Hooo! Finally! This picture is from 2001 on my 1993 DR650...kickstart only. It died on me in Mexico on they way to Mexico City & Guadalajara. I miss her A LOT!

So, name the road this is on, as this place does not have a name per se. (Many, many ride past it and over look it)...

Joey.jpg

Where's Chuck when you need a courthouse name?:doh:

Actually, I thought that might be the Alpine courthouse, too, when we rode thru there last May. The county courthouse was well hidden by trees...

So it wasn't a courthouse afterall? I would have thought a courthouse in the panhandle of a population poor county.

I was thinking it looked like a courthouse in the panhadle too

OK, is this a historical place, or of any significance?

Can you tell us about the place? Would it be seen from a road? :trust:

...yes, you can see it from the road. No historical significance and it is on private land.

First hint was that Brackettville was a little too far southwest.

Second hint is that it is a very popular route, esp for those lucky enough to live in the San Antonio area.

Third hint...it has "sisters"...

That'd put it in the three sisters/337/camp wood area, but honestly, I just don't recognize it. I must not be looking hard enough!

Yup, 337. It is on the southside of 337. If the picture would zoom out, 337 is just on the other side of the building, running left to right.

It is a very large property that has similar cabins in various stages of construction and park tables/benches with a lake on one side.

And huge pastures on the other end (Campwood side). I've seen Buffaloe at times, but usually horses...

...you're up!

Back