• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

9-10 day Ouray CO ride May 21st

Have you done any modifications to your trip or are you going as planned? What sort of tent are you using?

Have you done any modifications to your trip or are you going as planned? What sort of tent are you using?

I've decided to trailer to out to Carlsbad NM, but still stoping in hill country, for an afternoon ride around the Sisters. As far as tents go, I'm using a 2 man Eureka tent I picked up on Craigslist.

I picked up a packable 15 degree mummy bag last week (probably overkill, but I plan to be sleeping at altitude)

I'm currently waiting on some other goodies to come in.
new air and oil filters
new tires
solar powered USB charger
rok-straps
LED hat clip
inflatable solar lantern

I've decided to trailer to out to Carlsbad NM, but still stoping in hill country, for an afternoon ride around the Sisters. As far as tents go, I'm using a 2 man Eureka tent I picked up on Craigslist.

I picked up a packable 15 degree mummy bag last week (probably overkill, but I plan to be sleeping at altitude)

I'm currently waiting on some other goodies to come in.
new air and oil filters
new tires
solar powered USB charger
rok-straps
LED hat clip
inflatable solar lantern

Don't believe the rating of sleeping bags they are like MPG on cars.:deal: Bring a good air mat to keep you off the ground also. I took a liner also with me in June 2015,it can get chilly depending on ole' mother nature.

If you are able to swing it , I highly suggest making a route that allows you to ride US191 from Clifton to Alpine Arizona. Greatest road Ive ever ridden!

I just jokingly told the woman Id like to do this ride with u and she just shrugged. Not sure what that meant but it couldnt be good since I was gone for 7 days on a Big Bend trip 2 werks ago. If anything materializes for me Ill let u know....

I 2nd the motion on 191 Clifton to Alpine AZ! The best I've ridden hands down.
I've rode all the big name routes. I learned about the Coronado Trail from of all people a Harley rider friend. This ride needs to be on your bucket list.....

I 2nd the motion on 191 Clifton to Alpine AZ! The best I've ridden hands down.
I've rode all the big name routes. I learned about the Coronado Trail from of all people a Harley rider friend. This ride needs to be on your bucket list.....

Thanks, it is now . But, I think I'll have to fit that in on the next trip.

Taking this route in: https://goo.gl/maps/ePZkwa7DSmG2

Gonna trailer to Kickapoo Cavern State Park, Take a ride to Leakey and back. Then trailer to Carlsbad, NM the next day. All bike from there.

This route back: https://goo.gl/maps/QPGPmnKcCo82

If you are able to swing it , I highly suggest making a route that allows you to ride US191 from Clifton to Alpine Arizona. Greatest road Ive ever ridden!

I just jokingly told the woman Id like to do this ride with u and she just shrugged. Not sure what that meant but it couldnt be good since I was gone for 7 days on a Big Bend trip 2 werks ago. If anything materializes for me Ill let u know....

Be careful there. Have you ever seen the sales add for new motorcycle for sale? :)

Back