• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I took the green pill...

Reaction score
Hello out there! Serial lurker making my first dual sport post!

Stumbled across a 2006 KLR with 24k on her, all the ADV fixins to boot, and had to jump for the price. Barely got her home and found an off-road trail called Rocky Ridge Ranch not too far from where I live in Denton. I hadn't had time to get out there, so the first few days of having it, I'd ride around town sticking to the roads just feeling it out. I then pulled into a parking lot to make a call and on the way out I decided the "exit" was too far away. "I'm on a KLR" I thought. Straight off the curb I went and the wheels in my noggin went to spinning.

I commenced to taking "short cuts" here and there, jumping curbs and cutting corners. I do realize that's very illegal, but I just couldn't help myself! [emoji849]

First off day from work, my dad loaded up his four wheeler and I followed out to Slidell north of Decatur on 51. Paid $15 and got set loose on a 1000 acre ranch - game on.

If I had seen pictures of the trails out there I would've been hesitant to take my monster out there. Rocks the size of watermelons, 2-3 foot dropoffs, deep sand, and tight quarters. When I tell you my baby performed..my baby performed!!

My dad had to start letting me go in front, I was crawling up his backside when he was in the lead. This was my first true off-road experience since high school when I rode a dirt bike for a few months before it got sold because I was a little s#!t head. [emoji28]

This dual sport thing has been a fantasy to this point and now it's a reality. I can't wait to see where this thing will take me and what it's capable of the more riding I'm able to do. I had read and read and read about these bikes and the adventures they take people on and can't wait to live out my own adventure on it. Even if it's only weekend trail riding for now, it's a step in the direction I want to go.

Y'all keep up the story telling and picture taking. It inspired me to take my first concrete step into the world of ADV and I'm forever grateful for that. Hope to see y'all out on the road. Much love and ride safe.

Hot diggity dog
ecf85fdb6851f07ddf77bc2f370ffe39.jpg
425a5cd8ec5648760a1984fbee8ea460.jpg

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Pops on his four wheeler, me behind the camera

Congratulations Cutstavo, you will find plenty of stories and encouragement here.

Sounds like someone got bit by a dirt bike bug. Off road fun is endless.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

You will have a great time with KLR. I did ;-)

We used to ride at Rocky Ridge a lot in the early 90s before we moved away, would love to go back again, check out Muenster too, enjoy.

Yes, that's on the list for sure. Prolly gonna head up to Davis pretty soon as well.

Still have my 2000 A14 after all these years and it's seen 6 bikes come and go though out the years.
001-1.jpg

Back