• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DCNF or SHNF

I would like to ride today. Was thinking I would go to SHNF, but if there was something exciting and worth while up there in Crocket to ride... I might drive a little further.

Waiting for an answer! Said he would check back. I'm riding somewhere if possible!

I would like to ride today. Was thinking I would go to SHNF, but if there was something exciting and worth while up there in Crocket to ride... I might drive a little further.

I don't think you can do any trailriding up there. But if you want to do dirtroads, southern Houston county is full. I know enough to get started and I'm sure we can explore and find more! Or go on up to DCNF and explore.

I was more thinking trails than dirt roads. Guess I am going to load up and head for SHNF east side today. Looking forward to seeing and riding them in nice cleaned up shape again. Wish i would have made it out to that new private riding area by New Waverly that they did a TWT weekend open house at last month. From the reports I read, it sounded like it was pretty fun riding, and offered a change of scenery from the same old SHNF trails.

That place is open every w/e, not sure how challenging it is.

I am not moving real quick just yet this morning either. I was thinking it would be around 9:30 to 10 by the time I actually get out there.

delay due to heavy fog, don't know what it is like down further south.

Crocket was just my jump place either DC or SH.

Only dirt roads i know in that area are east of Lovelady.
they are deep sand, rocks, and whitish clay.
One by the elem school there, go down aways and turn back to the east.
Petrified wood and such is why i go down it.

Will check back when get to Palestine.

freKing pbond.. headed to crocket

If someone comes up with a better plan than i have, then post up.

Well, wasn't much of a trip.

bridge_1.jpg

straight_1.jpg

Gota do somein about pics... Just too much trouble to stop and pull out cell phone to take pic.

Soft sand was sort-a packed because of wet.
Give it a week and you won't be able to keep your bike up.
Some slippery mud, not much.

Probably should have turn right, instead of left at the T.

East and North East of Lovelady there is a bunch of dirt roads.

Back