• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

magic eraser

take a fabric softener dryer sheet and soak it in water then wipe off the windshield, the dryer sheet will get soapy when soaked in water. use any soft cloth to wipe the windshield after bugs off or hose.

Yes, I tried the Magic Eraser on a portion of my windshield and it scratched it.

I use hydrogen peroxide on a microfiber towel for bug removal. Soak the towel and just let it lay on the windshield to soften the bugs. Then a good rub usually gets off the stubborn bits.

Pledge spray and another microfiber towel for a final clean and polish. And that applies to both my windshield and any other plastics on the bike.

Hydrogen Peroxide works well, it seems to dissolve bug and their juices.
A big genetic bottle is inexpensive and you can add the spray from a Windex or similar bottle.

From mobile

On the Plexus----I read a comment on this product that someone's clear dome on some type of receiver for a tv turned hazy after using Plexus for a while. They switched over to 303 plastic cleaner and protectant.

Anybody have a hazy experience with the big P?

I use soap and water like Silver Bullet. Once the bugs rehydrate they come off easy.

On the Plexus----I read a comment on this product that someone's clear dome on some type of receiver for a tv turned hazy after using Plexus for a while. They switched over to 303 plastic cleaner and protectant.

Anybody have a hazy experience with the big P?
Yes. Since my post in 2014, #25, I have had some issues with Plexus on plastic. Over time and with repeated usage it will yellow most clear plastics found on motorcycles. The light smoke windshield on the CBR has developed a purple cast. Still like it on paint or glass but I keep it off plastics now.

Also I've not found anything that beats dryer sheets for getting stuck on bug guts off paint, glass or plastic.

Yes. Since my post in 2014, #25, I have had some issues with Plexus on plastic. Over time and with repeated usage it will yellow most clear plastics found on motorcycles. The light smoke windshield on the CBR has developed a purple cast. Still like it on paint or glass but I keep it off plastics now.

Also I've not found anything that beats dryer sheets for getting stuck on bug guts off paint, glass or plastic.
Thanks 1WP. Glad I only bought a small can of the Plexus. But man that shield is really clear for now. So is my helmet visor.

Wet the windshield then spray it down with Simple Green, drink a beer, then wipe with soft cloth.

Plexus is magic. The FBO used it at KCFO (it was known as Front Range airport when I was there; it's named something completely ridiculus now). Basically spray and wipe and it smells good too.

Fifty fifty mix of water and hydrogen peroxide softens bugs making easy to wash off.

Negatory on magic eraser, will micro scratch for sure.

Back