• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire Changing - Question

I think they are talking about using the blower nozzle with the rubber tip.

I was talking about an air chuck fitting on a bigger compressor that has an air tank attached to it. But tshelfer is right, some won't work if the core is out. If the one on your mini or portable compressor needs a core, this is kind of a moot point, since you don't have an air tank attached to it anyway. In that case, lube, bouncing, ratchet straps, etc are probably your only chance. And swearing, don't forget swearing. :-P

I also like crowelor's point that most gas stations will have a pump. Quiktrip I believe is free.

I'm not sure mine will pump air if the valve stem is removed. I suppose I can test that with an old tube. If it doesn't, ideas to override?

Mine either unless....

Get one of these.

Tire inflator

Unscrew the knurled ring. Take out the little metal valve (leaving the rubber part) and then screw the ring back on. No more valve cores require and that truly helps with setting the bead. (stumbled on this in outright desperation)

Back