• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

From Carmona to New Waverly

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
I'm finalizing the track for the ET750 Two Day ride in late July, and I need some road verification/suggestions from the locals.

The ET750 is the Huntsville West track connected to the ET450 track.

Here are the connectors, a north and a south.

We ran the south portion last year before we got stuck in the mud like everybody else on 2425.

I have not ridden the he north portion and need to know if it is open or if there is a better, dirtier route to connect it's start and stop points.

Attachments

• Huntsville West DS Route-track.gpx
    148.1 KB · Views: 327
:tab I have ridden the track in the attached file. It goes from New Waverly to Point Blank. 1374 out of new Waverly is paved to Four Notch Road, where it makes that sharp right. After that it is gravel/dirt almost exclusively until you reach Point Blank. The last stretch between FM 946 and Hwy 156 is a lot of fun, but can be pretty nasty if it gets muddy. Small bikes would make it, but you'd definitely be sweating at the end ;-)

Attachments

• NewWaverlytoPointBlank.gpx
    38.1 KB · Views: 184
:tab I am pretty sure the section you have running up to FM 355 out of Onalaska does not go through. I think that long straight section is a private road. I have not actually tried it though, but every map I have shows it as either not existing or private. My current version of City Navigator is usually pretty accurate in that regard. You can check it, but most likely you will have to cut over on 3142 to 350 just East of Onalaska. I have tried to find a way through on any of the roads North of 3142 and 350 between Onalaska and Moscow but so far everything has dead ended with locked gates. My map shows a LOT of roads in that area, but also shows them as all private.

:tab I don't know if Baker Ln and Josserand Rd go through :shrug:

:tab That's all I got.

That's a great start. Thanks for the info.

My old track for last year, which I picked out of thin air on googlemaps, was private or non-existant, hence the re-route. I pulled these tracks from the county maps. 577.pdf, 578.pdf.

Hopefully someone will chime in and confirm or deny this track goes through.

The gpx file you attached is a route, not a track, so I plotted a track that I think your route would follow. If it is wrong, please let me know.

Attachments

• carmona to newwaverlyv2.gpx
    18.3 KB · Views: 171
:tab Whoops... maybe I forgot to convert it to GPX before exporting it from Basecamp :doh:

:tab You have it right though. The only part I am not 100% on is the short bit right before you reach FM 946. If you look, you will see FM 3018 dead ending into the route. I think at that point, you may have to hop on 3018 and run it up to 946, then double back down to the beginning of the dirt section on Felix Currie Rd. I am not sure that Jenkins Rd or the Raven Hill Rd are through roads.

:tab I don't think I have ever tried to run Willow Springs Rd., Snow Hill Rd., and Harrell Rd., East from the end of 3018 over to 156. Both the Google and Garmin maps show them going through... :ponder:

:tab In the area North of Onalaska, a LOT of the roads that you might see on Google are pasture roads and timber cutting roads, but they are all mostly private. That long straight section is the Old Groveton Rd., at least that is the name on the South end. On my maps, it has no name once it gets to that long straight section. If you don't hear from someone confirming that it goes through, I would be a LOT that it does not.

:tab If you happen to run up FM 3152 toward FM 350 and Moscow, there is a nice little dirt section between 3152 and 350 called the Colita Loop. See the attached (hopefully GPX track) file.

Attachments

• Colita Loop.gpx
    5.9 KB · Views: 192
Willow Springs and Snow Hill go thru if I'm thinking of the right roads.

Back