• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Helmet Chin Skirt

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
I saw a Shoei X-11 that had a chin skirt that extended back towards the wearers neck to reduce wind/noise from entering the helmet.

I poked around and found it on Shoei's website here (for the TZ-R)

I'm wondering if anybody knows if this will fit any other brands of helmets or if there's an aftermarket one made.

I'm specifically looking for my pillion HJC CL-14 as the mic for the comm system in that helmet is routing all kinds of noise into my ears :doh:

Thanks for the info!

I saw a Shoei X-11 that had a chin skirt that extended back towards the wearers neck to reduce wind/noise from entering the helmet.

I poked around and found it on Shoei's website here (for the TZ-R)

I'm wondering if anybody knows if this will fit any other brands of helmets or if there's an aftermarket one made.

I'm specifically looking for my pillion HJC CL-14 as the mic for the comm system in that helmet is routing all kinds of noise into my ears :doh:

Thanks for the info!

I would think the Scorpion one would fit almost any helmet. It just presses in between the shell and liner. Might be worth a try if you know someone with a Scorpion that would let you try theirs: http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=43416

I don't know the answer to your question. But I can tell you the one that came with my Nolan just pushes in and is held in place with friction- goes in between the helmet shell and the liner. It looks like it would work on any other brand.

These will install on any full face helmet. I started using them a few years ago because on long trips because my contacts dry out. This completely shields the wind, keeps you warm and quiets wind noise.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...in&catId=&productId=p351616&leafCatId=&mmyId=

NOJ Quiet Rider Basic
Dennis Kirk Part #: 351616
Manufacturer Part #: 129
$22.99

Wes, any issue with these rubbing against your throat or when putting on your helmet? Or hot-weather riding?

Thanks!

Fred

No, I haven't had any problems with rubbing and they breath ok.

On a hot day you may want to crack the visor at lights because it is a little warmer. But the benefits out weight the negatives. I do really like that the Quiet rider is a good place to stash the extra chin strap on my HJC AC-11. I tuck it inside the cover to keep it from flapping. the biggest benefit is just getting the wind out of your eyes.

Nathan, I believe I still have the Aero Skirt for my Scorpion if you want to see if it will fit your helmet. I rarely ever use it (read: never).

HJC has one. My wife's helmet came with it. I use the one that came with my X11 and have no rubbing issues of any kind. Eye fatigue is reduced without the direct blast of air up your face. It's a bit warm at a stoplight in the summer, but great in the winter. Also helps keep dust from sneaking in from below.

HJC has one. My wife's helmet came with it.
do you have a source to get one for HJC? I looked at their site and didn't see one.

Kim, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to try that one of yours to see if it fits.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kim, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to try that one of yours to see if it fits.
Posted via Mobile Device
No problemo...if you show up for the Eurosport demo day next saturday I can bring it w/ me...until then I'll wait for your "I can't make it" message :lol2: :-P

No problemo...if you show up for the Eurosport demo day next saturday I can bring it w/ me...until then I'll wait for your "I can't make it" message :lol2: :-P
I hadn't heard of this demo day... but, I am already booked. :argh: I might be able to squeeze in a trip to drool over bikes. :pray:
Posted via Mobile Device

do you have a source to get one for HJC? I looked at their site and didn't see one.
It came in the box with the helmet. :shrug: I had never really thought about it.

I went to Cycle Gear a while back to get a replacement curtain for my X11. Rather than order me one, they just gave me one from stock. Lots of people just don't use them and they had extras lying around.

It came in the box with the helmet. :shrug: I had never really thought about it.

I went to Cycle Gear a while back to get a replacement curtain for my X11. Rather than order me one, they just gave me one from stock. Lots of people just don't use them and they had extras lying around.
ah ok. my AC-11s (2x) didn't come with them. and neither did this CL-14. no telling, I ould just be special :trust:

I'll have to hit cyclegear and see what I can find. need a new shield for the TZ-R anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back