• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Power Trip Army Alpha jacket

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Richards
I don't need one, but wouldn't that look cool with my ammo cans?!?!

I personally wouldn't wear it. I'm not a member of the military and don't want to give the impression that I am.
I'm not sure I'd wear it if I was in the army.

it does look pretty cool though.

I am a member of the military and I wouldn't wear it.

A) It is kinda pogue, if you now what I mean

B) It would draw too much attention from the terrorist types and anti-military cagers. It could act as a bullseye.

Hm, interesting term. Went to Urban Dictionary to find that.
Thought we had got beyond that kind of divisiveness in the "Army of One". Guess not.
Still a nice jacket and even if "pogues" aren't as good as others.
Bill
Retired US Army

SirWilhelm said:
Hm, interesting term. Went to Urban Dictionary to find that.
Thought we had got beyond that kind of divisiveness in the "Army of One". Guess not.
Still a nice jacket and even if "pogues" aren't as good as others.
Bill
Retired US Army

Hey... I'm a "Be All You Can Be" soldier! I guess I just try to avoid the super-squirrel "tacticool" look and mentality and draw as little attention to myself as possible.

If it matters, I'm in the Transportation Corps. The 11 bang bang types have been known to look down on us until they actually ride a convoy to see the crap that we go through just to get them the beans and bullets.

We do get to spend about half the time in the rear though, unless of course you get stuck on a gun truck.

These days I'm in the IRR and recovering from knee surgery that was so bad they probably couldn't deploy me if they wanted to. I'll be out by the time my knee is healed up enough to deploy.

As a Navy Corpsman and then as an Army Nurse, I never felt like I wasn't part of the branch. I may not be under fire, but when you need my skills ..... nuff said.
And transportation is who get us there and gets everyone back.
I rode with a Marine Group in Abilene, long ages ago. Whew, it was an experience riding a deuce and half at 55mph in the hills with a small light to follow.
Doc went back to sick bay and let them play in the hills.
If you can figure a way to stay beyond this conflict, and advance into the upper ranks the retirement is well worth the risk. Beats the heck out of SSI and whatever job you held the longest to retire from.
Follow rehabs advice and you'll be riding soon enough.
Don't and we get to see you to fix it again.
Ride on.

Back