TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Vendor's Forum

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #41
TLRam1
Forum Supporter

Re: There’s a new Vendor in town!!

As previously stated we will put all the names in a helmet/pillow case and draw for a give-away for Anyone who posts by May 15 (one month from Tax Day).....haha on This Thread.

Neither myself or my brother will do that actual draw, nor Scott (he might accept accept a donation to draw a certain name). Unless I get nailed for this, we will keep Scott out of the drawing if he post since his royalties are in the mail.

What do we give away....your choice of

Disk Lock with scratch-less carry case, comes with what is pictured, 3 keys - carry case - warning sticker - and the disk lock.

The Xtreme Quick Battery - Alternator Tester, compact tester easily carried on the bike, the negative probe is removable. 5" long X 1 1/4" wide (including probe wire) X 1/2" thick

My mama always told me never put off till tomorrow people you can kill today.

74 Suzuki GT750 / 74 Suzuki T500 / 75 Suzuki GT380 / 01 Honda Magna / 03 Kawasaki KX250 / 04 WR450
TLRam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #42
TLRam1
Forum Supporter

Now if we can get 77 different people to post they looked at the site, offer comment good or constructive, post what they would like us to add or what your next purchase would likely be I will up the ante to a Tank Bag.

Here's a challenge - If you can get my brother to post ( again, on This Thread) I will count that as a post. He is not aware I bumped this to a tank bag so if I don't make it you guys have to bury me.

74 Suzuki GT750 / 74 Suzuki T500 / 75 Suzuki GT380 / 01 Honda Magna / 03 Kawasaki KX250 / 04 WR450
Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #43
db

Good luck on your new business venture.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #44
tango

Well, count me in. I'll get greeneyes to ante up a post too
Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #45
h2000fb

Yes, the Waco meet and greet went well. It was fun to see everyone again. I have to start making this things more regularly. Two brave souls came on bikes, the rest of us showed-up in cars. A couple of the group were rubbing it in about their upcoming Big Bend trip making me a little jealous! Oh, well. Today, my dad invited me to the Hill Country this weekend so guess I will go with him.

Hoping my son gets well enough soon so he can go on another trip. A bike trip with your son is really something special. However, for this year, I think he will have used up all his time-off after his next surgery. It appears he will have his bag removed in Mid-May and his plumbing re-connected if all goes well. He seems to be healing very well this time! Thanks everyone.

Don't remember their names from the last M&G, but I really wanted to asked the two Wing riders that were at the Moody M&G about fitment. Fitment of their intercom mics to their Shoei Multitecs. My Multitec fits SOOO close to my chin, I barely have enough room for my beard!

Hey... Special note:
Any of you guys looking for some particular item and don't see it listed on the site, PM or email Terry or me. We will see what we can do. Personally, I see my emails faster. But, I guess either will work. We have lots more stuff and access to just about anything. Thanks for your input and hope to read more comments and suggestions.

Tom
05 R1200RT BMW
12 VStrom 650 Adv

Last edited by h2000fb; 04-21-2009 at 10:15 PM.
h2000fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #46
h2000fb

Alright fellows, see what you think about the new templete. New look, same feel, cleaner site. PLUS - additional savings this month on FirstGear, Scala, and River Road products. Let us know what you think!

As usual... if something you want is not listed on site, email Terry.R at Cli-MAXRidingGear.com and he will get back to you with great pricing. Nearly everything, including items we research - ships next day!

Tom
05 R1200RT BMW
12 VStrom 650 Adv

Last edited by h2000fb; 05-19-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #47
h2000fb

Thru the end of MAY, promotion codes for additional savings off our already low prices are avaible for all FirstGear, Scala, and River Road products. Visit our site for details. www.Cli-MAXRidingGear.com

Have been trying to get new Ad Banner to Scott via email that will let you know of this promotion, but Scott having trouble finding it in his Admin box. As usual, if you are interested in any item not listed, just email Terry at address in post above this one. He can get you some great pricing. Try him out!

Tom
05 R1200RT BMW
12 VStrom 650 Adv
Old 05-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #48
drfood
Forum Supporter

Any chance you would do price matching of internet competitors?

I'd be more interested in giving a Texas company my business especially a twt supporter/member.

Several places have the Scala Q2 Multiset for right at $250 with free shipping. Of course these are tax free since they are outside Texas. We are going to buy the multiset before our Memorial Day weekend trip to the Hill Country.

If you'ld be willing to meet the $249 with free shipping to Houston I will twist my other 1/2's arm to buy it from you folks.

If you are going to price match you might want to advertise this as well.

Good luck with the business. I am jealous of you guys taking the steps to do it.
drfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #49
TLRam1
Forum Supporter

Darrell,

Thanks at the opportunity for your business, it never hurts to ask! We will do what we can when we can, I want your business.

PM sent.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #50
charrito

One thing I would suggest is that you allow purchasing without having to sign up. Complete the purchase as a guest.
The views and opinions expressed in any of my posts do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of this forum or anyone associated with it. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Sometimes.
----------------------------------
IBA #57800
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 (1,467 - ?)
2006 Yamaha TTR250
2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 - 28'855 miles
Spotwalla -- InstaCharrito
charrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #51
ABlueCollarWoman

nicely arranged site. I've been thinking about getting a camelback for this summer... that'll give me a chance to try you guys out! Good Luck with the new venture.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #52
h2000fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoZe View Post
One thing I would suggest is that you allow purchasing without having to sign up. Complete the purchase as a guest.
I have wondered about that also. On sites where the option was given, I always opted out. On the other hand, where sites gave you no choice, it did not bother me. It is just that we wanted email addresses in order to shoot a variety of specials targeting our past clients... you know.. specials especially for them?

Please, can we get more comment on this subject? This is an important subject to me. Would really like to hear more feedback buying as a registered customer, or as a guest?

Tom
05 R1200RT BMW
12 VStrom 650 Adv
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #53
h2000fb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlueCollarWoman View Post
nicely arranged site. I've been thinking about getting a camelback for this summer... that'll give me a chance to try you guys out! Good Luck with the new venture.
Much thought and deliberation about feedback from TWTEX along with other sources helped me come to the conclusion the site needed a fresh look.

Glad everyone's reviews are of approval!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Tom
05 R1200RT BMW
12 VStrom 650 Adv
Old 05-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #54
Prothos

I just checked your site. I like the looks of the main page. On the specs of items like for say the spot i would suggest maybe puting the info from the makers site or type something up yourself.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #55
ABlueCollarWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2000fb View Post
I have wondered about that also. On sites where the option was given, I always opted out. On the other hand, where sites gave you no choice, it did not bother me. It is just that we wanted email addresses in order to shoot a variety of specials targeting our past clients... you know.. specials especially for them?

Please, can we get more comment on this subject? This is an important subject to me. Would really like to hear more feedback buying as a registered customer, or as a guest?

I like the idea of email specials for regular customers. New Enough does this and I have bought a few items from them because I received an email about an item I didn't even know I needed. I also get these kinds of emails from a couple of other places I enjoy doing business with. The thing is that with each of these I excersized an option to give them my email address for this express purpose. There I other places that just send me specials and I don't really want them in my inbox so I "opt out" of hearing from them. Sometimes this irritates me enough that I do not purchase from them anymore. Not always, but sometimes.
As far as having to register in order to buy from a particular website: depends... In the past, I have navigated away from these sites when I could find the same item at the same price elsewhere. Sometimes, I just register and buy the item anyway. I guess it just depends on my mood and whether or not I feel some kind of trust in who I'm buying from...
Although, I guess I'm not often too freaked out about it, after all, I am buying things on the internet!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #56
TLRam1
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
I just checked your site. I like the looks of the main page. On the specs of items like for say the spot i would suggest maybe puting the info from the makers site or type something up yourself.
I am looking at the SPOT website, now, are you referring to the photos or a longer write-up and what would need to be in the write-up?

If I can be clear what would be helpful that will be done. Ideas anyone?

Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #57
Jbay

maybe just a link to the manufacturer site

even the camel pack for example id like more info and photos, other models to compare too

does this count as a post

http://www.actsmissions.org/

TRIUMPH TIGER 955i
RadRover Electric Fat Tire Power Bikes (his & hers)
Jbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #58
h2000fb

Placing a link to the manufacturers site in the detailed description section is a good idea easily done.
Yes, it counts as a post!!

Tom
05 R1200RT BMW
12 VStrom 650 Adv
Old 05-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #59
TLRam1
Forum Supporter

If you Post HELLO it counts as a post!

I have looked at some of the ideas on products to add, trying to get to those first. I have talked with a few vendors in attempts to work out a way to carry there product, we will see what happens.

We have looked at tires, we are not there yet. Unable to determine what is going on exactly as pricing is an issue from what we are seeing. It's like hitting a brick wall everywhere you turn, we want to sell tires but we need to make something or there should be a benefit or it's not feasible, we will work more on this.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #60
TLRam1
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoZe View Post

You can now purchase as a guest w/o signing up.

Make a post, any post, to enter the drawing!!!!!! If you guys can make a run on this today we will up the anti.