• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[SOLD] Sold: For Sale: Alps Mountaineering Extreme 3 Outfitter Tent

Reaction score
I bought this tent about a month ago from RockmanTex on this site. I anticipated using it while camping on my Versys. RockmanTex said that he had used the tent a total of 3 times and I've used it for 2 nights.

It is an awesome tent but after the 2 nights on the ground, I realized that this isn't for this ole body anymore.

This tent lists for $319 from Alps Mountaineering but I've seen it on eBay for around $265. I'm going to offer this tent for sale for the same amount that I paid RockmanTex for it, $125 plus shipping or pick up local in Granbury. I don't think you'll find another almost brand new tent for this amount.

I also have another Alps Mountaineering Aires 3 tent in the For Sale that I'm looking for a "best offer".

Here is the info from Alps Mountaineering web site:

The Extreme 3 Outfitter takes all of the standard features of the Extreme 3 and enhances them with 2 key upgrades: oversized #10 door zippers and a heavy duty nylon oxford floor. The #10 door zippers will give you a lifetime of smooth operation and the oxford floor, which is about twice the weight of normal nylon floor material, will greatly increase the durability of your tent.

The Extreme is a free standing aluminum pole tent, with a configuration that is extremely strong and sturdy. The 3-pole design gives you more "framework" to combat mother nature when she decides to send you a little stronger storm than normal. Assembly is easy with pole clips that quickly snap over the tent poles. The polyester fly and oxford floor are urethane coated, with factory sealed seams for maximum weatherproofness. A door on each side of the tent makes getting in and out of the tent easy. You also get two large vestibules that you can use for extra gear storage. The vestibules also serve as automatic guy-out points when the weather gets a little nasty. The fly buckles to the tent, offering a much more secure attachment when compared to elastic cord. Mesh roof vents increase ventilation and improve star gazing.
Features

Free-standing three-pole design with 7000 series aluminum poles
Easy assembly with pole clips that quickly snap over the tent poles
75D 185T Polyester fly resists UV damage and stays taut
Factory-sealed fly and floor seams gives best weather protection
210D 110T Nylon Oxford floor with 1500mm coating
Extra large #10 zippers on doors and vestibules
Easy entry with two doors (both with zippered mesh windows)
Two vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
Multiple fly vents increase ventilation
Mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes, and guy ropes included
Extreme 3 floor saver available

Specs

Base size: 6'8 x 8'
Center height: 4'2
Vestibule depth: 36"
Tent area: 48 sq. ft.
Vestibule area: 36 sq. ft.
Minimum weight: 8 lb. 4 oz.
Total weight: 9 lb. 5 oz.
Packed size: 8" x 24"
Pole diameter: 8.5 mm
Color: Tan/Green/Tan
Style: Three-pole Free Standing
Use rating: 3 Season
Sleeps: Three

Contact me by pm or email: garymast1100atyahoo.com

Tried to load pics but something went wrong. Email for pics.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 296E811F-B499-432E-A126-7E69C9E1EFAD.jpg
    296E811F-B499-432E-A126-7E69C9E1EFAD.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 79843291-80C8-4BE4-8FCC-926E671B4BE0.jpg
    79843291-80C8-4BE4-8FCC-926E671B4BE0.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 7E7A9A6C-1B8F-41BD-B890-456375C27F66.jpg
    7E7A9A6C-1B8F-41BD-B890-456375C27F66.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: For Sale: Alps Mountaineering Extreme 3 Outfitter Tent

Tent has been sold. Finally got pics to load. Still available.

Last edited:
Re: Sold: For Sale: Alps Mountaineering Extreme 3 Outfitter Tent

Do you still have the Alps Mountaineering Aires 3 tent ?

Read my previous post. It does say SOLD

I see it also says still available.

Back