• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

i got rear ended during ROT bike parade

Reaction score
i was rear ended during the big bike parade and caught it on film:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFmuJSYeElI]rear ended during bike parade at ROT 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

and here's the bikini bike wash i filmed during ROT:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkQHLqpZTkg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! I got the link before it gets edited by a moderator. You know TWT will censor that. Too cheeky, haha

_

Looks to me like he hit your exhaust pipe. One of the reasons you'll never catch me in a "parade" like that. Too many idiots.

:11 into it. You will see his throttle (and front brake) hand pointing to something -_ -. That's why I use my clutch hand if pointing. Something tells me he's the type who thinks you'd flip the bike if using the front brake. I love the flintstone braking method though. I should try it sometime before I lay 'er down. Glad your alright and he didn't do any major damage.

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

Man, as much as he was riding with his outriggers down, I wouldn't want him riding near me :eek2: he did not seem confident or competent.

annnnd stuff like this is why I will continue to have nothing to do with ROT. Glad no one was hurt, and that your bike is OK!

Is it wrong that I went to the bikini video first? :doh:

Tried 2X to open the video where you got rear ended and it wouldn't open for me. It's fate, God just wanted me to see bikini's this morning.

Target fixation got him running into you. You can even see him turn into it a little. I too enjoyed the wash video. The end is nice how the girl plays to the camera. :-)

why you won't find me within 200 miles of Austin during ROT, even in a freightliner!!

what is the final count for maimed, mangled, and killed this year??

found the info!

Since the “official” start of the 2013 Republic of Texas Motorcycle Rally on Thursday morning, Austin-Travis County EMS has responded to the following motorcycle-related incidents, from most recent to oldest :

Sunday 12:21 am – 7400 Decker Lane at the Expo Center, two motorcycle crash, adult female no helmet had multiple lacerations and possible head injury, adult male no helmet multiple lacerations, two ambulances took both patients to UMCB.

Saturday 11:58 pm – N Lamar / Carpenter Ave, auto vs motorcycle crash, 58 year old male with minor injuries, EMS transported to UMCB.

Saturday 10:20 pm – Cameron Rd / Killingsworth Ln, 24 year old female crashed a motorcycle, injuries to the hands, EMS transported to North Austin Hospital.

Saturday 9:14 pm – 14600 Pearce Lane, 9 year old male injured at the moto-cross track, patient complaining of back pain, EMS transported to Dell Children’s.

Saturday 5:48 pm – 8600 Lime Creek Rd, 35 year old male, single occupant motorcycle rider, lost control of the vehicle, head injury and combative patient, medics transported to Round Rock Hospital.

Saturday 5:09 pm – 6th / San Jacinto Blvd, two motorcycle crash in the intersection, three riders / patients, two refused EMS treatment and one adult female minimal injuries transported to UMCB.

Saturday 2:44 pm – in front of the Expo Center, motorcycle vs 18-wheeler, adult male evaluated by EMS, patient refused hospital transport.

Saturday 12:54 pm – 7th / I-35, adult female injured on a small “scooter”. Medics evaluated at the scene, patient refused transport to the hospital.

Saturday 10:27 am -- 400 E Anderson Lane, adult male lost control of his motorcycle, EMS treated for non-life threatening injuries and transported to UMCB.

Saturday 12:37 am – Hwy 290 W / Fitzhugh Rd, 45 year old male on a motorcycle hit the guardrail at speed greater than 55 mph, open femur fracture, medics treated at the scene and requested STAR Flight for transport to UMCB

Friday 7:48 pm – N I-35 / E 11th NB service road, 45 year old male, high sped motorcycle crash into another vehicle, patient initially unresponsive however became more alert, medics transported to UMCB.

Friday 7:07 pm – Travis County Expo Center on the grounds, 44 year old male motorcyclist struck by another motorcyclist in the parking lot, possible ankle fracture, EMS transported to UMCB.

Friday 4:52 pm – 2500 S Lamar, medics treated an adult male when he fell from his motorcycle and transported him to UMCB.

Friday 4:19 pm – 2500 S Lamar, 51 year old male “forced” to lay his motorcycle down, transported to UMCB with non-life threatening injuries.

Friday 3:38 pm – 8600 blk Brodie Lane, adult male and adult female on separate motorcycles collided, medics treated both patients at the scene and transported to UMCBwith non-life threatening injuries.

Friday 1:50 pm – 6100 N I-35 southbound, adult male with head and face injuries after he drove his motorcycle into the rear of a large SUV. Paramedics transported to UMCB.

Thursday 9:08 pm – 7311 Decker Lane at the Expo Center, 45 year old female pedestrian struck from behind by a golf cart, possible ankle fractures(s), ATCEMS transported to UMCB.

Thursday 8:57 pm -- 8003 Decker Lane near the Expo Center, adult male motorcycle rider with head lacerations and to possible extremity fractures after he was struck in the head by something thrown from a passing vehicle, ATCEMS transported to Cedar Park Medical Center.

Thursday 7:51 pm – 3500 N I-35 southbound, 35 year old male, “forced to lay his motorcycle down”, extremity pain, ATCEMS evaluated at the scene and patient refused hospital transport.

Thursday 4:47 pm – 9300 N Capital of Texas Hwy, 58 year old male motorcycle rider struck from behind by another vehicle, injuries include “road rash” and back pain, ATCEMS transported to UMCB.

Thursday 1:21am – 6400 S I-35 southbound, two adults on one motorcycle, adult female thrown against the guardrail pronounced dead at the scene, 31 year old male not wearing a helmet transported by ATCEMS with potentially serious injuries to UMCB.

I like the gear they wear! :eek2:

That was a long video! It took 3 girls 4 minutes and 35 seconds to wash a Harley! :lol2:

Since it was at Cowboy Hardley-Davidson, would I have to pay a premium for them to wash my 2003 Ninja 250 with 42,000 really hard miles? :giveup:

I like the gear they wear! :eek2:

That was a long video! It took 3 girls 4 minutes and 35 seconds to wash a Harley! :lol2:

Since it was at Cowboy Hardley-Davidson, would I have to pay a premium for them to wash my 2003 Ninja 250 with 42,000 really hard miles? :giveup:

With Cowboy I bet they would be glad to wash it. I was there getting a tire once and a guy pulled in on an ANCIENT KLR. I'm talking mid 90's and it looked every bit of it's age. He asked for an inspection and the guy came right out and he was back on his way within 20 minutes. :clap: That is service. Maybe some day that guy may consider a Harley and if he does he will remember that good service. I remember seeing it happen.

I've been to ROT rally twice. The second time I witnessed the Banditos bash a Saturn to pieces and stab a dude multiple times when he told a Prospect to go "F himself" when the prospect asked Saturn guy's girlfriend to show her breasts.

Instead of leaving Saturn Guy made another lap of the parade road and Mr. Prospect was back with 30 of his buddies. I don't know if that guy made it out alive or not.

It took the cops 5 minutes to get there and it was total pandemonium. Wish I could have done something to help but I wasn't about to make a suicide run into a 30 pack of 1%ers.

I was in High School at the time so this was 10 or 11 years ago.

You can't fix stupid. Why anyone would want to subject themselves to such foolishness in the name of Motorcycles is beyond me. Last place on earth I would ride my bike to. In have no need to parade and show-off, my bike is for riding. Like to Alaska and back. Not around the block and back.

Sorry, those (Bikers) got what they deserved-road rash.

You can't fix stupid. Why anyone would want to subject themselves to such foolishness in the name of Motorcycles is beyond me. Last place on earth I would ride my bike to. In have no need to parade and show-off, my bike is for riding. Like to Alaska and back. Not around the block and back.

Sorry, those (Bikers) got what they deserved-road rash.

did i get what i deserved? part of enjoying life is about having fun and being adventurous, and if you prefer to be more comfortable or safe than others, that's your prerogative. but you make yourself sound petty to call other people foolish for wanting to be on stage for once rather than be a spectator.

I think he was talking about the riders that went down, not your experience.

So, did your pipe get crinkled or was that just my imagination looking at the video? It's pretty obvious from watching the video frame by frame that he hit your pipe as his tire was alongside your fender. He didn't hit your tire.

Last edited:
I think he was talking about the riders that went down, not your experience.

So, did your pipe get crinkled or was that just my imagination looking at the video? It's pretty obvious from watching the video frame by frame that he hit your pipe as his tire was alongside your fender. He didn't hit your tire.

most of that person's post was portrayed at anyone who went to or goes to ROT. and of the bikers who had reported accidents, only 4 occurred at the expo center where ROT is held, and only one was listed as not having a helmet, and there were no instances that said alcohol was involved. so all in all, the person's post was insensitive to those injured and/or killed and anyone wanting to participate in a bike rally. a pretty dumb post in my opinion. i wonder if he/she had been involved in a reported bike accident over the weekend, just somewhere around town and not related to ROT, if he would have thought he got what he deserved as well.

Okay, I understand your concerns with the poster's comments. He has his opinion and you have yours.

Now, did Mr Proficient Parade Rider hit your tire or your pipe?

Back