• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle Transport

NPHLYT

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
I will be buying 3 mikes for a friend in Europe and need a recommendation for a transport company to get them from different states to Houston. One of them may be in Austin, I would rent a trailer for this.

Thanks in advance.

why would you need a trailer for a mike?? I have never seen a microphone that big before?:lol2:

He must be getting at least one of these:
J4nbwGNh.jpg

Give former CMRA racer Tad Murley a call or email ... he's in the business and has helped many CMRA folks with LTL motorcycle shipping:

Tad Murley, Freight Broker
Mode Transportation
tad (dot) murley (at) modetransportation (dot) com
Office Phone: 972-nine eight nine-81 nine eight

You might also check over on ADVRider. They have a lot of folks who transport their bikes between continents, so there may even be a ready-made thread.

As I am musically declined, I have no need for a mike of any size. I have a neighbor named Mike, so I don't need one of those either.

Thanks for the references, I am sent out for quotes.

www.haulbikes.com Specialized national fleet dealing with just bikes.
They transport Harley trikes from the factory, so its not a small fly-by-night outfit.
That being said, I havent actually had any dealings with them, but Ive seen any number of good reviews about them.

I will be buying 3 bikes for a friend in Europe and need a recommendation for a transport company to get them from different states to Houston. One of them may be in Austin, I would rent a trailer for this.

Thanks in advance.

I have used Wolverine based in Fort Worth and found them worth the money and they always have trucks on the road though pickup and delivery dates need to be flexible. Check them out.
http://www.wolverinecycle.com/

Thanks for all of the tips. I am still trying to find the third bike.

I have used Wolverine based in Fort Worth and found them worth the money and they always have trucks on the road though pickup and delivery dates need to be flexible. Check them out.
http://www.wolverinecycle.com/

I chose Wolverine. The guy was very nice and handled the bikes as if they were his own. The only problem is that it took him longer to deliver the bikes (I was in no real hurry) and it was difficult to get hold of him most of the time. He apologized and I told him that a quick text letting me know what was going on would have been ideal.

I will use them again unless it is time sensitive.

Thanks again.

Now I just need to get 2 Harley Davidson Heritage-es and a 10 foot long triumph chopper to my freight forwarder. None of them will fit in my 5 foot bed....

I chose Wolverine. The guy was very nice and handled the bikes as if they were his own. The only problem is that it took him longer to deliver the bikes (I was in no real hurry) and it was difficult to get hold of him most of the time. He apologized and I told him that a quick text letting me know what was going on would have been ideal.

I will use them again unless it is time sensitive.

Thanks again.

Now I just need to get 2 Harley Davidson Heritage-es and a 10 foot long triumph chopper to my freight forwarder. None of them will fit in my 5 foot bed....

Hire an Uber driver to follow you while you ride the bike there and then take you back to get the next.

That would take all day. And there is one that I want nothing to do with riding, it is 10 feet long and a foot clutch.

www.haulbikes.com Specialized national fleet dealing with just bikes.
They transport Harley trikes from the factory, so its not a small fly-by-night outfit.
That being said, I havent actually had any dealings with them, but Ive seen any number of good reviews about them.

I'll support that statement as long as it's not a time sensitive delivery. I used them to bring my Connie from Virginia Beach to The Woodlands but it was around Daytona Bike Week time and most of their trucks were tied up taking poseur bikes down there for their owner to ride between bars.

Other than that it was good service and all the bikes in the trailer were well secured.

Back