• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rendezvous Time!!! Rich Mountain Rendezvous - Sept. 14-17, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much life and enthusiasm in this thread. I think this is one of the best rallies and most fun one with some of the best riding I go to. Cynthia does a fantastic job of putting this on. Hard to say how many are going this year without a running list of who is signed up. (Hint hint)

Still have some time to register and have your t-shirt waiting at check-in! We'll be happy to see you no matter how you get there!

Build your own and come on out!
80447ceef2e23df476fc7fd674808d5b.jpg

Kat, you are a gifted promoter! I found this wonderful invitation to your TDub friends on the tw200 forum:

"I can't believe I slacked and didn't tell y'all about the super-funnest-bestest rally on the planet!* I've been a part of this for going on 4 years now and it's a really good time. The rendezvous is a benefit to support CASA of the Ouachita. Registration is $50 and includes a whole lotta food, entertainment, and a rendezvous t-shirt.

Brand new for this year is ... drum roll ... The Tiddler to the Top! - a 120-ish mile run for bikes 250cc and under. There's no fee or cost to participate. There will be an awards ceremony of sorts with some ridiculous awards. Maybe YOU can win "Longest Lunch Break" or "Best Checkpoint Selfie" or something else I make up at the last minute

Come on out! You will not be disappointed!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017 will be held from September 14-17, 2017. Registration is open now at rmr4casa.com

Save $5 on registration with the coupon code ERLYBRD by August 1, 2017.

What: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017
Where: Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Mena, AR
When: Sept. 14-17, 2017
Why: To support the CASA of the Ouachita volunteers who care for abused and neglected children in foster systems.

Great food, great riding, great entertainment - all the greatness for $50. That even includes your event t-shirt!

Register today - We’ll see you on the mountain!

We even have a Facebook page now because we're getting so 21st century www.facebook.com/rmr4casa

*I'm a little biased..."

Cancelled my RV spot #23 for the 13th through 17th.
Some one better act fast. This is the longest site in the campground, and close to the bathrooms and festivities.

Cancelled my RV spot #23 for the 13th through 17th.
Some one better act fast. This is the longest site in the campground, and close to the bathrooms and festivities.

Camping then?

Message from our fearless leader, the Prof himself!

"To all, a personal note about Rich Mountain Rendezvous. I will not be able to attend, but will be there in spirit. Cancer treatments take their toll.

More than ever the "meeting on the mountain" is important. It is about the kids. CASA needs your support to help those kids. Besides, just think of all the great riding...on and off-road....there is. Not to mention great food, music, friends...new and old, prizes, and for some, wrenching a problem and helping another rider.

So bring a smile and some $$$ for CASA. If for some reason you can't attend, send a check marked "CASA." Reserve a spot for camping or at the renovated hotel. Please do this right away as Cynthia, and the gang need to have an accurate count for this, the 18th year on Rich Mountain.

Peace to all, Steve "Prof" Johnson "

Kat, you are a gifted promoter! I found this wonderful invitation to your TDub friends on the tw200 forum:

:sun::lol2::sun:

I hope it helps get some folks on (or off?) the roads out there!

After all, someone's gotta try to challenge maximus for Longest Lunch Break.:eat:

Here is the general ride info & schedule for the Tiddler To The Top:

Friday, September 15th:
Rider's meeting at 8:30am
director.gif
after breakfast at camp or lodge, after which we'll ride to Mena for a gas stop, then East/South into the Ouachita National Forest. The length & route will be depend on circumstances of the day, such as weather, temperature, road conditions and our spirit of adventure, with the overall loop varying from 70-130 miles. After the first ~25 miles, this group ride will focus on unpaved but "groomed" NFS & county roads as much as practicable, with the potential of a couple of short side-trips that are a little more challenging. A lunch stop will be included, and the longest run between gas stops should not exceed 90 miles (friendly to stock TW200 tanks + a couple of us plan to carry 1-gallon extra fuel, just in case). All riders are invited to join us - our pace will be amenable to Tiddler bikes. :phead: We'll plan to return to camp by, say, 3-4pm.

:pirate: Distance from Last Gas Stop on Friday to 1st Gas Stop on Saturday is ~75 miles.

Saturday, September 16th:
After a great Rendezvous breakfast :eat:at camp, we'll have a rider's meeting at 8:30, after which we'll head West twds Oklahoma. All riders will be given a route sheet at camp. The primary route is ~127 mile paved road route
onthego.png
with a gas stop a ~40 miles and gas/lunch at ~80 miles. However, there are a some options for side trips to see old bridges and/or ride across the dam of a small lake. There will also be an true short-cut thru the woods for the adventurous :flip: that cuts off 12 miles. We should all return to camp by, say, 3pm to rest up for the evening festivities. :eat2:

The Tiddler to the Top is a great opportunity for riders with small bikes and/or scooters to enjoy the area. :rider:

Last edited:
Is it time to go yet? The camping /cargo trailer is loaded/unloaded...loaded/unloaded...loaded and ready to go. Can't wait. Coooome Onnn September.

Back in!
Camping. Arriving the 8th or 9th and staying till duration, 17th. Will be riding paved and dirt. Yay! Weather looks great!

Is it time to go yet? The camping /cargo trailer is loaded/unloaded...loaded/unloaded...loaded and ready to go. Can't wait. Coooome Onnn September.

Isn't that the truth???

Back in!
Camping. Arriving the 8th or 9th and staying till duration, 17th. Will be riding paved and dirt. Yay! Weather looks great!

YAY!!! I'm so glad :-)

We are all definitely ready for a fine mountain break.

I am so ready to get out of here. I may head up a day early too.

Houston has Harvey, in San Antonio we have gravel trucks. Lumbering behemoths that own the road. This is the reason for this post. One of these monsters pulled out in front of me and in trying to avoid a crash, I ended up jack -knifing my pickup and travel trailer. Campsite 16 will be open tomorrow when i call and cancel my reservation.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Are you still coming, but without the trailer?

I'm so sorry! That's lousy. I hope you're alright. I've heard the day or two after is when you feel stuff like this. Take care of yourself!

Glad you'll be there!

T T P = Time to Pack

Seems like the older I get and more prepared I try to be by packing early, the more I forget what I've packed and where I've put it. I figure I can solve this by bringing only half of what I normally bring.

I was going to Idaho for a rally....Idaho and the area I was going to ride are on fire and I won't be going.....BUT the trailer is packed for a ride and I have no place to go(whimper, whimper). Would lit be OK if I showed up at the Rich Mtn ride. I am not afraid to pay the applicable fees or beg....I just need a place to ride!!!

Last edited:
I was going to Idaho for a rally....Idaho and the area I was going to ride are on fire and I won't be going.....BUT the trailer is packed for a ride and I have no place to go(whimper, whimper). Would lit be OK if I showed up at the Rich Mtn ride. I am not afraid to pay the applicable fees or beg....I just need a place to ride!!!

I would strongly suggest you go, I am sure you will enjoy this rally and the riding, besides it is for a very good cause. Suggest you go ahead and register online (first post), that helps the organizers.

My living room looks like I'm moving out and we still have a week for me to get MORE STUFF TO BRING. :sun: We are really excited about all of you coming to the Rendezvous and to Ulybrad... YES YES YES you are heartily welcome! The only thing we can't guarantee right now is that we'll have a shirt available in your size but we've got everything else :-)

Looking forward to it so much - c'mooooon next week!!!

Brad, camping trailers need to reserve pull in spots. If you are tent camping and the trailer is just to haul the bike then tent camping is pay at registration when you check in (not with the park, but with Kat). Then you can park the truck and trailer out of the way.

Or at least, that's my understanding. Kat can correct me and/or clarify.

Oh, and dual sport bike? I'm assuming the 690? ThomasM is hauling out his CRF250L to find some dirt so you'll have some decent company. I'm riding out on the K1600 so I will be avoiding the dirt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back