Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-25-2018, 06:56 AM   #1041
SwampFox

Re: Post your Day Rides Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downs View Post
Took Q out for a little gecaching....
T-Dubs sure put a grin on your face. Last weekend B˛ & I on our T-Dubs joined 3 other riders exploring some of the levee roads along the Atchafayla basin in south central Louisiana. Forecast was rain ending by 10am Saturday, but the rain lingered to 2pm, so we had a wet, muddy ride the 1st day, but a good ride overall.

Centerville, LA:
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #1042
SL350
Forum Supporter

It (those gravestones) reminds me how much pride people have with their service records. Stays with them long after they are gone.

Old Man Time

Mike
Honda CT90, SL350

Last edited by SL350; 01-25-2018 at 09:04 AM.
SL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #1043
Downs

Took the Strom out for a 60 mile loop hitting up some Geocaches and then took Q out and channeled his inner KLR with a Milkcrate to feed and water the chickens.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

78 GS1000 (Tennessee Hillbilly)

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3
Downs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #1044
Mudslick

Ride to work today to make a buck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mudslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:56 AM   #1045
Gravel Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslick View Post
Ride to work today to make a buck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good on you! Been riding my KLR to work for many years now! 🌞

Are you doing what you are doing in the name of love?

Mark
guido calculo
NEast of Weird, Texas
Gravel Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #1046
FCBH
Forum Supporter

I almost had a close call with Mr. Piggy! I arrived just after he decided to take a permanent nap.

I decided to go to Cooper's BBQ and enjoy pork loin...

RB
Old 02-19-2018, 06:55 PM   #1047
Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBH View Post
I almost had a close call with Mr. Piggy! I arrived just after he decided to take a permanent nap.

I decided to go to Cooper's BBQ and enjoy pork loin...

RB
Nice FZ

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3
Old 02-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #1048
Yeeha! Stephen

Love Texas! Year round riding... Woohoo!

About a dozen and a half of my compadres and I did a Greenwood Store run.

Really good burgers again. And the Buttermilk pie! Oooooh!

See ya' down the road.

SS
Attached Thumbnails
GW 1 (640x480).jpg   GW 3 (640x480).jpg   GW 5 (640x360).jpg  

GW 2 (640x480).jpg   GW 4 (640x360).jpg  

MotoGP - Soap Opera for Men

"Why eat a burger when you can have pie?"
Ms Vicki 2002 @ Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia Tx
Yeeha! Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:46 PM   #1049
FCBH
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downs View Post
Nice FZ
The Yamaha Fazer line has gone through so many iterations, it makes my feeble brain spin. The re-branded 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT looks awesome!

RB
Old 02-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #1050
Downs

Went and did some phototagging today on the mighty TW200

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3
Old 03-02-2018, 03:45 PM   #1051
Downs

100 mile loop on the GS today. Got to see some fish crossing the road.

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3

Last edited by Downs; 03-03-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #1052
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I managed to get out yesterday with my son, Daniel, on my 1200 GS. We did about 150 or so miles of mostly dirt roads. It was a beautiful sunny 77 F day... until we pulled out of the driveway. Almost immediately it became totally overcast and windy. Fortunately, the temp never got below about 74 F. Daniel was wearing a mesh jacket with short sleeves, so even at 74 F he was getting a bit chilled. We stopped at C&J's BBQ over on the edge of College Station. The food is great. The ribs are heavenly...

We did a lot of backtracking to get home. Various types of white trees and red buds are blooming all over the place. Many flowers are already coming up. Most of the pastures are turning a deep green. In some places, there was a STRONG sweet smell, with a tinge of bitter, almost like a scented cleaning spray. I think it was some of the white trees that were in full bloom and clustered next to the roads. Given all the rain in recent weeks, there was a lot less mud than I would have expected. However, the roads were really rough with some serious potholes and ruts. The county has been out laying down TONS of that large grey gravel, probably 1" - 1-1/2" in size. I am sure it is great for trucks and cars, but it is a challenge on a bike, especially in corners! All in all, it was a great ride. Daniel had a blast despite the bumpiness. It was so fun I forgot to stop and take a single picture

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #1053
Downs

Took the Strom out for a short 40 mile loop. Tried to stay on county roads. Turns out all that rain isnt dried out yet. I didnt take pics of the worst areas as i tend to just vacate those areas as best I can. One spot had waist deep ruts and a center section that was smooth like a doser belly had drug over it. That's where I turned around.

Some areas I had to get off and push while I spun the back tire to make forward progress wound up cutting a good sized section off the loop.

Front fender got so packed with mud that it stopped the front tire a few times. When i finally got back on pavement I smelled burning rubber. Pulled over and cleared what i could with a stick and pocket knife. Was so bad that a section of tire had gotten so hot it was sticky to the touch.

Next time I'll Wait a week before going out on those roads lol

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3

Last edited by Downs; 03-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #1054
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

That mud is more like what I was expecting to see when I was out Saturday. I was amazed at how dry the roads were after all the rain we've been having. Can't say I was disappointed though

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #1055
Downs

Took the GS out Friday since the Strom is down waiting parts. Found out one phase of the stator is dead :/ so now it's down waiting parts.

TORN had their first race of the year down in Cash about 20 miles away. Went down there and rode the big bike course on the TW200 during the practice time. Had a blast but I'm sure the little TW's fork and shock are going to feel that tomorrow.

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3

Last edited by Downs; 03-18-2018 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:06 PM   #1056
StromXTc
Forum Supporter

Downs showin how its done
I'm ruined for work. Thinking of blue skies and dirt roads
StromXTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:23 PM   #1057
Downs

Short 2 hour ride looping up to Bonham SP and back. Rescued a turtle from the middle of the road and found historical cemeteries every 10 miles it seemed. Found an abandoned county road in Fanin county. Was going to explore it but lots of recent rain and being alone I decided to stick to pavement today. Rounded it out woth a cold one at Corner Street Pub.

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3
Old 03-29-2018, 08:37 PM   #1058
Downs

FEW more pics.

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3

Last edited by Downs; 03-29-2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:23 AM   #1059
SL350
Forum Supporter

What do you pack in that water pouch by your left foot?

Old Man Time

Mike
Honda CT90, SL350
SL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:36 AM   #1060
Downs

A 1 liter Nalgene bottle of water in the main compartment. And some fiberforce fix (cast material to repair levers and what not) and some zip ties in the small outer compartment.

03 TW200

08 MazdaSpeed3