• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Area Dual Sport Rides

This is right beside Bucee's in Bastrop. Personally, I wouldn't drive/ride all the way from your place to here just for these trails. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but I wouldn't want to drive 5 hours round trip to ride for an hour and a half. Just my .02
If y'all are only looking at an hour and a half of riding, I'll pass. I'm looking at 1.5 hours each way just to get there.

Good times today gentleman. Randy, it was good to meet you, I hope we get to do it again some time. We just got finished fixing Andy from Dallas's clutch lever in the Cycle Gear parking lot.

How were the roads? Dry I assume . Deep rutted like single track or general purpose county roads? Its two hours from me to Bastrop but I need to get out n meet y’all. Plus I’d be on my klr so I’d hate for y’all to feel the need to keep up ;) hehehehe

Good times today gentleman. Randy, it was good to meet you, I hope we get to do it again some time. We just got finished fixing Andy from Dallas's clutch lever in the Cycle Gear parking lot.

Was GREAT to meet everyone today! Good group, good ride, good BBQ. Big thanks for putting it together. Glad to hear that Cycle Gear had the clutch lever to get Andy back on the road. Thank again, will look forward to riding with everyone again in the future!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Anybody game for a Pigs In The Dirt outing tomorrow morning at 9am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My next trip to bastrop is tentatively scheduled for 9-08, pending my work schedule. I'll post up here and on FB once it gets a little closer.

My next trip to bastrop is tentatively scheduled for 9-08, pending my work schedule. I'll post up here and on FB once it gets a little closer.

When will you know your work schedule? I would love to do the ride on the 8th, but I may have to take off to do it.

When will you know your work schedule? I would love to do the ride on the 8th, but I may have to take off to do it.
I should know this friday. I'll post up then.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

What size bike would be best for this? Something under 500cc? 650 too big?

Anybody off this week and want to ride Bastrop? I’ve never rode these dirt roads but my klr (lil blackie) needs to stretch her legs. I’ll probably go Thursday or Friday morning

Some San Antonio riders are meeting at Bucee's on Saturday 9-01 at 8:00, if anyone wants to go. I'm debating my Saturday plans.

Putting this on my schedule, pending weather. Chance of rain all week, but what's a little mud at the end of the day. Plus it may wind up not being brain melting hot. Free power washes at my shop on the south side :)

Saturday morning (9-08). Meet at the Texaco, 14400 FM 969, Austin, TX 78724 at 8:15 to ride out, or Buc-ee's in Bastrop at 9:00. KSU @ 9:15. BBQ at South Side after. All bikes and riders are welcome.

Last edited:
Putting this on my schedule, pending weather. Chance of rain all week, but what's a little mud at the end of the day. Plus it may wind up not being brain melting hot. Free power washes at my shop on the south side :)

Saturday morning (9-08). Meet at the Texaco, 14400 FM 969, Austin, TX 78724 at 8:15 to ride out, or Buc-ee's in Bastrop at 9:00. KSU @ 9:15. BBQ at South Side after. All bikes and riders are welcome.

How much pavement is involved? Would like to join one of these rides soon but definitely lean more towards dirt than pavement.

Anybody off this week and want to ride Bastrop? I’ve never rode these dirt roads but my klr (lil blackie) needs to stretch her legs. I’ll probably go Thursday or Friday morning
I could do that. Meet up at Bucees or ride out together from Austin?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone headed to Bastrop to ride this weekend? Debating between Hidden Falls (closer to home but we go there a lot) or checking out Bastrop for a fun couple of hours. Planning on riding the Husky 350 and perhaps bringing my son on his KTM 250. Both plated of course.

Kick Stands Up.

Hope to make it out with the group soon. I already have plans for this weekend though. Enjoy!

Or Kansas State University. But in this case, kick stands up.

Back