• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 Heart of Texas Rally: Grapes of Wrath Tour May 1-4, 2019

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Registration is already in full swing for the 2019 Heart of Texas Rally. This year's theme is The Grapes of Wrath. For those of your dirtmongers who are unfamiliar with the long-distance rally, this is not your ride to, lots of dirt, camping and tank-top type of event. No, sorry. Imagine a road-based, scavenger hunt for points style competition. There are no points for speed or finishing early, only for gathering as many points by visiting unique and interesting locations over the time span of the event. At the end, well there will be music and possibly some adult beverages, but it's the most fun you'll have while on 2 wheels while on asphalt.

The event will start and finish in Bryan, TX. I won't try to fully explain LD rallying here but a little Google searching should help. If not that, also check out Facebook pages for the NIITWIt Rally, Heart of Texas Rally, Long-Distance Motorcycle Endurance Rallying, Iron Butt Motorcycle Riders, and others. You can also check out the web page for the Iron Butt Association, Team Strange, and many many others.

The Heart of Texas Rally is open now for registration. After only 2 months, we are practically half full. Granted, space in the rally is actually incumbent upon space at the hotel, so we’ll allow more than 50 if need be, but generally we’re cutting it off at 50.

Yes, there is a 65 hour, a 30 hour, and a 12 hour option, but come on….do you really want to take the easy road? **** no! So far, all riders have signed up for the 65 hour option. That’s right, they are in for the EPIC challenge and adventure that will be the Grapes of Wrath Tour. It may matter to some, maybe not to others, but if we sell-out the rally with 65 hour riders, we’re going to have some kickass live music at the finish and that is a huge goal for me.

So stop procrastinating. You want to get in on this rally. You don’t have to ride balls-to-the-wall for 65 hours. Finishing won’t be hard, finishing in the top 5 will be Herculean to be sure. Some of the top rally riders around are already signed up. Don’t care about that? That’s cool too because I’m going to design this rally so that competitive riders will have a blast AND the flower-sniffers will have a fun ride around Texas. This rally is designed to appeal to all types and that’s why all you slackers need to suck it up and ride the 65 hour.

I want to close this up so that I can spend all my time planning the best event for you, the rider, instead of spending all my time marketing for riders. Sign up today. Make this a Christmas present to yourself. Sign your wife up, sign your husband up, sign your dog up, I don’t care. Just sign up. Registration can be found here: https://rides.jasonjonas.com/regRequest.php?id=581 and limited information can be found at www.niitwit.com or you can visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HeartofTexasRally/. Of course, as always, be the best source of information is to e-mail me at paultong971@gmail.com.

-Paul Tong
Rallymaster and Texas Tour Guide
Heart of Texas Rally – a Southern Long Rider Association event

Attachments

• IMG-20180903-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180903-WA0002.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 202
Seriously looking at this. I was at the clinic Paul put on and had a great time.

Seriously looking at this. I was at the clinic Paul put on and had a great time.

Do it!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!! Don't even ride, just come hang out with me and drink for 3 days. It'll be EPIC!!!!

No seriously, you need to ride, but nothing says you can't come in a smidgen early for a couple dozen drinks.....

Back