• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brazos Valley Open Ride Dates 9/13

Trying to remember how many steep hills there are no bypasses for..... I wanna ride, but I need to accommodate my son this time out. Pretty sure he isn't ready for the hills yet.

Maybe I'll take the KLR so we can be on more equal footing.

I'm not sure. It has been a while since I was there and I have a terrible sense of direction. I know the first time I was there I had not recovered from an injury and could not take any real hills and was able to get around them but I did have to turn around once or twice.

Am I reading entry fee right, you have to put down $250 deposit to ride?

Doggone! I'll be tied up with the kolachee festival Saturday morning...can't make this one. The place looked different last time I was out there. The sand/gravel operation has expanded a lot. Just stay out of the back 40 to avoid the steep hills. Front part is great for young folks and even ambitious KLR's.

Not liking our chances for this weekend....:miffed:

50% chance of rain on Friday and 60% for Saturday. Guess it will be a game time call.

It appears we will be rained out. Despite my avatar, I am not fond of slopping around in slick mud and rain on two wheels. But if I had a 4-wheeler........

Last edited:
Back