• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend area ride in March

Was up there halloween weekend a while back weather was great.
Stayed in alpine, ran out through marfa, and up to the observatory on the friday.
Then saturday, out to marfa, down to presidio. East into study butte along the river road, on into the actual park to chisos, then closed due to the road was geing rocked!
On east the rio grande village.
Back out through marathon and then to alpine.
Great day ride

I have printed off the info you guys have provided and doing some planning. I am retiring Friday and I am pumped! Can't wait to camp in BB and maybe Ft Davis. I have traveled for my job for 30+ years and the thought of staying in another hotel makes me ill. Want to watch the sunset out in the middle of no where and drink the coffee that I make in my jetboil as the sun comes up. Thanks again guys. Any suggestions on what to bring is much appreciated.

Just got back from BB. You guys were right on. The weather was perfect and got lucky that the area has had a lot of rain lately so the desert was green with a lot of blooms. Camped in the basin for 3 nights then moved on to the Davis state park. Got me thinking about trading the Goldwing for a duel sport!

Just got back from BB. You guys were right on. The weather was perfect and got lucky that the area has had a lot of rain lately so the desert was green with a lot of blooms. Camped in the basin for 3 nights then moved on to the Davis state park. Got me thinking about trading the Goldwing for a duel sport!

Have both! Diversity is a good thing.:mrgreen:

We just got back too. Did you like the midnight thunderstorm last night?

What a perfect end to the trip. Transferring ride videos now...

Stop at the turn out on 170 and do the short hike in Closed Canyon. Well worth it.
IMG_9105_zpsypuuvqos.jpg

We will be going again april 2nd-6th
Take your passport and visit Boqillias, Wednesday thru sunday.
the loop around Ft davis is awesome also
Michael

Back