• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in Texas?

I'm stuck in western KY for 34 hours and no CFanything for miles. I officially hate you guys, and I miss Texas eats.

Go to Louisville to Mark's Feed Store BBQ on the southwest side of town on 31W Dixie Highway for fantastic bbq and buttermilk pie. Then go two miles over just off Greenbelt to Mike Linnig's for amazingly good fish and incredible onion rings.

I'm 4 hours from Louisville 8-(

Well if you are 4 hours west of Louisville you must be practically on the Missouri state line, close enough to go to Sikeston, MO. to Lambert's Cafe for delicious food and "throwed rolls".

Well if you are 4 hours west of Louisville you must be practically on the Missouri state line, close enough to go to Sikeston, MO. to Lambert's Cafe for delicious food and "throwed rolls".

Lambert's is good, but federal law says the truck does not roll during a 34 for any reason.

Ah, didn't know you were on a restart. You don't need to be told good places to eat then. I'm sure you know them already. There's one more I'll mention anyway. In Clarksburg, WV an Italian restaurant named Minard's. Extremely good. Very interesting history as well. A pair of brothers married a pair of sisters and eventually they were all in the restaurant business together. Their lot is large and if it's not peak time I think it would have room for a straight. Not sure about a T/T though and I don't remember the area well enough to know how close parking would be. Best lasagna I ever put in my mouth.

Boys...when I was in College, Sul Ross State University in Alpine, I worked at the Long Horn Cattle Company....a great Steak House. We did an awesome CFS and in the day...it was ranked in the Top 10 in Texas. Unfortunately, the restaurant is no more.

But my knowledge of CFS....is still in my brain and my family gets to experience a good one every now and then, out of my kitchen.

Anyway.... this thread has motivated me. I will be stoking up the fire and popping out the best CFS I can at the Big Bend event in a month on Friday night. Saturday night....it will be grilled Ribeye Steaks.

Come join us!!!!

http://www.gracemotoadv.com/2014-camp-meeting---tx.html

Ah, didn't know you were on a restart. You don't need to be told good places to eat then. I'm sure you know them already. There's one more I'll mention anyway. In Clarksburg, WV an Italian restaurant named Minard's. Extremely good. Very interesting history as well. A pair of brothers married a pair of sisters and eventually they were all in the restaurant business together. Their lot is large and if it's not peak time I think it would have room for a straight. Not sure about a T/T though and I don't remember the area well enough to know how close parking would be. Best lasagna I ever put in my mouth.

Minard's Spaghetti Inn? Block north of US50 south side of the tracks? Yup, that place is heavenly. We have a shipper and a consignee in the area so we drop the trailer at the dock then go to Minard's for lunch or supper while the trailer is loaded or unloaded. We often bring back to-go call in orders for dock and office workers. Win-win!

Yes, that's the place. I've never had better Italian food. I've only eaten there once. I had a sampler plate with lasagna, spaghetti and I think some sort of cacciatore but I don't remember what the third entree was. I'd almost be inclined to make a trip from Houston to go eat there. I'm sure I could figure out some other things to do on the trip.

Definitely a good lunch stop. Lots of fun roads in the area.

I will do that....and probably take them there...as I will be visiting them in about 3 weeks. Hard keeping Mama away from that grand baby!!!!

For reasonable regular steaks I like the Little Red Barn on Hackberry. My son liked the CFS there but for some reason I cannot remember trying it. Waitresses are dressed up like cowgirls with plastic six guns. Salad comes with them when they seat you. Not the nicest part of town but the food,salad dressing,and tea have all been good. Eaten there say six times or more. Menu on big portable signs and written on the walls. Sort of a neat place to try at least once. When we are in SA we normally eat at both places if we spend the night.

From the upcoming meet and greet and eat in Salado on March 8th. Went there with my brother that was visiting in town in December. Good CFS and Home cut French fries. Come join us if you can. I am way behind as usual for updating this thread. Some will be future M@G@E spots so can't give them away too early.

100_4116-001_zpsf247d961.jpg

Just heard about this place yesterday. Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be heading through there today on the way to map some Possum Trot trails. If so, maybe late lunch is on the menu[emoji14][emoji14].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bunch of us went to the Feed Mill the other Friday....Had their CFS &..... !!!!
IT WAS GREAT....with ACTUAL brown cream gravy!!!... not that no flavor white stuff. Mary's up in Strawn has this "drippins" flavored gravy too. Really makes the CFS stand out...Well ...the meat does too. Feed Mill gets my vote.....& it's close!!

I was in there the other day and the meat counter is gone, and the food wasn't up to par, did they sell out? curious, may have just hit them on a bad day.

I was in there the other day and the meat counter is gone, and the food wasn't up to par, did they sell out? curious, may have just hit them on a bad day.

They opened up a stand alone BBQ place instead of making it there. Have not been but heard not so good reviews of the Q so far. Maybe that is where the meat counter left to. Have not ate there in a few months but last time food was still a-1. We have had two meet and greet there both times the food was good. I think I have eaten there a dozen times of more. Never had a problem with the grub. Might have to investigate further.

Last edited:
The best chicken fried steak on the continent is at my house! Must give 12 hr notice+money up front lol ; D

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

The best chicken fried steak on the continent is at my house! Must give 12 hr notice+money up front lol ; D

Pictures?:photo::photo::photo: I agree my wife makes a wonderful CFS. I like it sometimes with eggs and home fries.

Ill get pictures next time I cook it lol.

Yall with yalls no pics no proof

Back