• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Comoto ATX - DIY Motorcycle Garage

Reaction score
We have just launched a small Do It Yourself Garage in downtown Austin!

We have 4 work stations with lifts that you can reserve time through our website which have access to all the tools in the garage (except the tire changer which requires a safety class to operate.) We offer hourly rates, day passes and will be testing out a limited amount of monthly memberships for those with longer project needs.

Currently our in house parts department stocks an assortment of oils, filters, sparkplugs and tires. You can check out our inventory online through our website and if we don't have anything feel free to shoot us an email and we can get it ordered.

As we grow we want to offer maintenance classes, female only classes and also more advanced topics of working on your bike. So as time passes expect more services to be created as we get running smoothly.

You can learn more at our website www.comotoatx.com, FB https://www.facebook.com/ComotoATX/or better yet feel free to stop by the garage to take a tour and make sure we have what you need to finish that project during our open hours

300 Pressler St, Austin Tx 78703
Mon, Thurs, Fri 3pm-9pm
Sat, Sun Noon - 8pm

Thanks,
Carlos "Los" Marquez

This is a really cool idea. I hope it goes well!

Would people be able to have parts they order shipped directly to the garage or would they need to order everything through you?

A good lounge area with a big screen TV on which to watch racing would be cool.

Good Questions Tourmeister and thanks for the kind words,

1) If you order anything through us it will be delivered to the garage and held for you, but if you have anything that you purchase exterior to us that will be your responsibility to bring it to the garage.

2) We do have a TV behind a bar area with a few stools. Currently we are looking into getting BEIN online or the actual MotoGP subscription.

Here is a shot of the interior for reference Garage Interior

Los

Last edited:
Carlos, great business I know this will go well. How did you come up with this vision? Would you have the tools for me to change front shocks (struts?) on a 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4WD? Spring compressor I guess. Do you have any access to shop manuals for someone that just wants the procedure to say do front brakes and bleed with new fluid on ABS? I hate to buy a Shop Manual just for a single project. Do you give instruction if questions arise during repair.
I'll check out your web site.

Last edited:
very interesting idea indeed. I'll need to stop by...

Welcome to the site and best wishes on your venture.

Carlos, great business I know this will go well. How did you come up with this vision? Would you have the tools for me to change front shocks (struts?) on a 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4WD? Spring compressor I guess. Do you have any access to shop manuals for someone that just wants the procedure to say do front brakes and bleed with new fluid on ABS? I hate to buy a Shop Manual just for a single project. Do you give instruction if questions arise during repair.
I'll check out your web site.

Here's a quick answer to those questions.

1) Popped into my head while wrenching in a hot parking lot with a friend of mine and then did some general business research of similar concepts and planning over 2 years. I weighed the Pro's and Con's and figured it would be great to make a new maintenance experience for the local Moto scene.

2) We currently have a Motion Pro Spring Compressor, but I would advise stopping by and actually seeing if that fits the eyelets and the length of your shock. Def could not give you a for sure answer on fitment for a auto shock.

3) We have a small collection of general maintenance books on the topics of (Restoration, Repair, Suspension & Electrical Components) that you are free to read, but we don't have a library of Clymer manuals at the moment. We are usually finding Bike manuals over the internet, we have free wifi so you can look things up in the garage as well.

4)A brake bleed can be done in our garage, buuuuut at the moment we don't have a computer so depending on your bike model we would not be able to run a ABS test if that is a necessary part of your maintenance. It is a tool we are still researching before we pull the trigger as it would have to support a wide array of bikes.

5) As a rule of thumb we are a DIY garage so we are not there to do the work for you, but if you need a hand moving a engine or holding something steady we'll give some help. We are currently writing up our maintenance class procedures to start those in the next few weeks and we are looking into a on call/reservable mech but we will move into that as we progress as a business.

@Jeff S We can't wait to meet yah!

@CDC Thanks for the kind words!

We are having a Grand Opening Party this Saturday!

Feb 25th 5:00pm to 8:30pm - 300 Pressler St (Cross the Railroad, hook a right we are behind the taco trucks)

We will be slinging free Burgers, Dogs and Drinks so come on out to hang out and get to know us! We also will have a band playing around 7pm!

We look forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome Carlos! Good luck with the new venture and the grand opening. If you're looking for pointers, the Moto Guild folks are really cool people who are always helpful. Reach out to Wilder and Aleks and say hi- I'm sure, if nothing else, they'd love to hear about a new shop in ATX.

Welcome! It's nice to have that sort of thing available.

I followed the link and "Like"'d your FB page. Not sure it'll help, but the more the merrier, I guess. I do get questions from a lot of folks who aren't on TWT. I tell them about TWT, tell them to join, and can point them in various directions. I'll keep this in mind.

Is the area cooled, and are there exhaust vacuums? In the middle of summer - and the little winter we deal with - that would be a really good reason to visit.

Welcome! It's nice to have that sort of thing available.

I followed the link and "Like"'d your FB page. Not sure it'll help, but the more the merrier, I guess. I do get questions from a lot of folks who aren't on TWT. I tell them about TWT, tell them to join, and can point them in various directions. I'll keep this in mind.

Is the area cooled, and are there exhaust vacuums? In the middle of summer - and the little winter we deal with - that would be a really good reason to visit.

Thanks for the like on FB and currently we have a few heaters when it gets chilly and a few fans and open doors for the hotter weather. It is nice getting the breeze from lady bird lake on nice days like today!

Welcome Carlos! Good luck with the new venture and the grand opening. If you're looking for pointers, the Moto Guild folks are really cool people who are always helpful. Reach out to Wilder and Aleks and say hi- I'm sure, if nothing else, they'd love to hear about a new shop in ATX.

I've talked to Brother Moto, Moto Guild, Ton Up Jax, Moto Chi Garage & another in Tennessee and got great info on different aspects of running one of these garages! Everyone has their own style and personalities but ended up trying the same thing.

We decided to pick up the online video pass for Motogp this year, so feel free to come on down to the garage to watch with us. We will be watching all three races not just the big bikes. If we get enough people I can probably break out the grill and cook some stuff and have a cooler of brews.

Upcoming races Qatar 26th o' March Moto 3 - 10am Moto 2 - 11:20am MotoGP - 1pm
Argentina 9th of April Moto 3 - 11am Moto 2 - 12:20am MotoGP - 2pm
and the rest of the races for a few months are on at like 4am so we can set a time to view the races at a more sane hour.

Our TV

We decided to pick up the online video pass for Motogp this year, so feel free to come on down to the garage to watch with us. We will be watching all three races not just the big bikes. If we get enough people I can probably break out the grill and cook some stuff and have a cooler of brews.

Upcoming races Qatar 26th o' March Moto 3 - 10am Moto 2 - 11:20am MotoGP - 1pm
Argentina 9th of April Moto 3 - 11am Moto 2 - 12:20am MotoGP - 2pm
and the rest of the races for a few months are on at like 4am so we can set a time to view the races at a more sane hour.

Our TV

That's really cool! :clap:

My problem is that all the cool stuff like this place are far from me... One of the downsides to living in a small town away from large population centers :shrug:

We still have a few spots left for our upcoming classes in the garage! Our current class revolve around working on a 1980 GS850. We already had our fork class this past weekend Pictures

Brake Class $115 (April 15th @ Noon) 4hrs
- ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT!
- Each student will learn how to rebuild master cylinders, bleed & fill brake systems, install caliper pistons & o-rings.

Oil Change Class $45 (April 16th @ Noon) 3hrs (The GS850 is a shaft driven beast)
- 3 Spots left
- Each student will learn how to change Engine oil & Filter, Change Secondary Gear oil & Change Final Drive Oil

You can sign up here through our online portal > Reserve Here

Also be sure to contact us to set up a tire change session where you can learn how to use our machine and change your own tires!

We will also be planning another grill out during the Motogp weekend and a group ride to the race as well so details will come soon!

Hey - I LOVE the idea of classes like this. I want another 'FORK' class, then how 'bout an "not-total-beginners-guide-on-carburetors". Stuff like diagnosing lean/rich conditions, how to re-jet when you change pipes or air filters, fixing hard idle or hard start conditions, etc...

I don't know if classes like this belong on the calendar here or not.

Also, classes during the week might be interesting. My weekends are booked up until June - but I could dedicate a Tues / Thurs after work one week to a class...

Same deal as before we will be offering the Brake Workshop and Oil Change workshop next weekend on the GS850 (May 6th & 7th) Sign up here > http://goo.gl/LEKCfc

Currently we are working on a Carb workshop as we have been getting some feedback from people (Jeff S & people who have stopped by the garage) that would like to go through a fueling workshop. (and if you have something in mind for a class feel free to let us know)

Also we are trying to get a schedule up for Women only Wrenching nights/days so if that interests you or someone you know of just let us know!

and last but not least there is a Free Introduction to the shop session (May 5th @7pm)
Get a guided tour of the shop and learn about what you can do under our roof, feel free to bring questions about projects you are working on or want to start!

-Los

Hey everyone we will be setting up a booth at the ESC this coming weekend so drop on by if you want to meet us or ask us any questions. We also added some free wrenching time for their raffle as well.
Event Link > https://www.facebook.com/events/234416423632703
Also we made a commercial as well if you wanted to watch that.
Video > [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1ha8-FHM4"]Comoto Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Upcoming Comoto ATX classes for the weekend of July 28th-30th! Read more about the classes on our reservation page!

We will be hosting these three classes
- Oil Change Class - 28th 6pm-8pm
- Carb Class - 29th Noon-3pm
- Brake System Class - 30th Noon-3pm

Reservations Page > goo.gl/LEKCfc

Last edited:
Upcoming Comoto ATX classes for the weekend of September 9th-10th! Read more about the classes on our reservation page!

We will be hosting these three classes
- Brake System Class - 9th - 3pm-6pm
- Carb Class - 10th - Noon-4pm

Reservations Page > goo.gl/LEKCfc

Hey Everyone! we have been super quiet for a few months but we just redesigned our website and launched a new online store to raise a few dollars to get a better roof over our heads, expand our amenities, increase hours and start a new membership aspect to the garage. Go check it out!

www.comotoatx.com/shop

Back