• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Intro

Regena2017

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All, I have been reading for the last two hours and love all the tips, pics, and comments. I have been riding on the street for 20-30 years. I got the chance to take a short back road trip and was in awe. Now I've scheduled an off road class around the end of Mar and am excited to let the journey begin! I am looking forward to meeting adventure/dual sport riders and going on some great adventures.

Welcome to the site. I'm surprised I'm the first to post that. Learning to ride in the dirt will be fun, but different. Shoot, just the feeling of all that suspension travel is novel.

Rusty, you must have gotten up with the chickens this morning.

Welcome, Sarah. So what do you ride? And of course, we want to see a picture of your bike or bikes. FYI, if you want to meet a couple of dozen adventure riders that cover the spectrum from river crossers to pavement huggers who venture down an occasional dirt road (that would be me), you might consider packing a tent (or booking a motel) and meeting us in Kerrville the weekend of April 7-9, for StromaThon IV. There's a thread out there with details.

Whereabouts in Tarrant County?

Rusty, you must have gotten up with the chickens this morning.

I'd been at work for an hour before I wrote that. I'm part of a two man IT team and I cover the early part of the day. I get to do the system updates and restarts before everybody else is up. It gives me a couple of quiet hours too. Helps with sanity.

Hi Sarah, welcome to the fun, both my wife and daughters ride dual sport and love it. Tarrant County is a large area, we are located in McKinney, so if you would like to join us for a DS ride, you would be welcome. My Daughter is 16 and has a lot of school work so we only go for 1 or 2 rides a month maximum, but would be happy to show you around. There is also a great ride scheduled which caters for all skill levels and runs over a weekend, it's called the redneck ramble and occurs on May 6th & 7th, the Saturday is mainly presentations and discussions about techniques and equipment (so you can skip it if you want) and the Sunday is a ~150 mile DS ride, they sort people into different skill levels and you then ride in small groups of 5/6 riders of similar levels, it is a lot of fun. If you want more info you can look at the WEB site dualsportuniverse.com there were several female riders last year and my wife has signed up for it again this year, my daughter has many exams on the 8, 9 & 10th March so will not ride as she wants to revise that weekend!!

Regards Gary

Welcome Sarah, there has been some chatter about a DS ride in April around the Diamond Don's vintage M/X race. You can come out and help terrorize the Goat Man on Stagecoach Rd.

Thanks for the info. Currently I'm closer to Waco/Temple. My mom had a hip replacement a few months ago so I've been helping her. Also, May 6th happens to be her bd. Please keep sending info/rides, as long as they are for people just learning the dual sport way. Hopefully I'll be able to get up that way even if its for a short ride. Thanks again!!

Howdy,

Off road classes sound like a blast. One of these days ...!

Welcome,

Dave.

You just look like a Sarah. :shrug:

Seriously, looking back, I was the first on this thread to call you Sarah, and I don't have a clue why. Did you have a signature in your profile that subsequently got deleted?

So I guess we should ask!! What is your name? :rofl:, obviously what ever your name really is, you will always be known as Sarah!! :-P

I guess all men are called Bruce and all women are Sarah!!

Gary

Back