• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

summer to winter, fall?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

Here on the Gulf Coast, in Sugar Land: ummm... what happened to fall? It went summer to winter, with constant overcast, and lots of rain. We are getting maybe one dry/sunny day per week. Really?

My buddy Mitch who just bought a new Kawi says it is the "new bike curse". I have not been out riding in two weeks myself, very rare for me. Come on fall, it is usually the best riding season here, let's dry out and have some sun please.

Guess I will take my bicycle out instead. My roads very greasy right now.

Keep calm, carry on.

First of all ... good move having a riding buddy named Mitch. Just sayin' ...

I was certainly hoping for a more riding friendly October. Still might make the colors of fall in Arkansas.

Me, I'm definitely enjoying the cool weather; the last few years, we've had several 90-95 degree Halloweens. Admittedly, I'm a little done with the rain. I probably won't get to do Arkansas this fall, but hopefully I can put in a few long riding days late Oct through Mid Nov.

This has been one of the longest continuously wet spells in many years for us. Around the first week of August or so, it started raining. It has rained almost every day since. Of course that was right about the time my contractor started renovating our garage and we needed to get a new roof on the house... The garage is STILL not done. I think I've been out riding twice in that time. My gravel driveway has almost washed away... Even when it hasn't rained it has been overcast and gray. I am sick of not seeing the sun! I don't know how people can live way up North in places where it is cold, dark, and wet so much of the year... :suicide:

This has been one of the longest continuously wet spells in many years for us. Around the first week of August or so, it started raining. It has rained almost every day since. Of course that was right about the time my contractor started renovating our garage and we needed to get a new roof on the house... The garage is STILL not done. I think I've been out riding twice in that time. My gravel driveway has almost washed away... Even when it hasn't rained it has been overcast and gray. I am sick of not seeing the sun! I don't know how people can live way up North in places where it is cold, dark, and wet so much of the year... :suicide:
up North?? I live down south,where it is cold, dark and wet!

Fall? I remember fall. It's been years...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ark building party at my house next weekend.

Mr. Weatherman in Houston says starting Thursday we are likely to get a week of clear, dry weather...back to seasonable temperatures. I am ready. Have not been on a ride in 3 weeks. I need to get back in the saddle. Some real fall would be very welcome before real winter hits the Gulf Coast.

Back