• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Sat 9/29/18 @ 9a Keese's w/ 2-Day ride - TARA/SA

Keeps the dust down too.

The last time I rode down there there was a light rain and it was enough to keep the heat and dust down but not enough to make the unpaved roads bad.

Wouldn't mind that again.

The last two day trip I did was just after some rain. Made the ride a little challenging and fun. I may camp and lampass but upon quick look at i didn’t find camping in town.

The last two day trip I did was just after some rain. Made the ride a little challenging and fun. I may camp and lampass but upon quick look at i didn’t find camping in town.

AFTER LOOKING, DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING EITHER.

Lampasas forcast

SAT
SEP 29
82°HI
69°LO
Clouds and sun, a t-storm

SUN
SEP 30
85°HI
65°LO
Partly sunny, a thunderstorm

Kerrville forecast:

Capture.jpg

I'm not sure why we follow these so closely, they are never right.

Cool front should be Thursday. To pass thru to coastal bend and stall. Said to leave cloudy weather in its wake so this is where the chance of thunderstorms is coming from. Nice to be getting fronts finally, keeps those tropical systems chased out of the gulf.

We might as well sit around and talk about the weather while we wait to ride :mrgreen:

I have my wetsuit just incase

Last edited:
Fingers crossed that the weather holds out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather might not be the issue, it might be all these snout nose butterfly’s migrating! Went for a ride today and had to stop and clean my face shield more than once

Weather might not be the issue, it might be all these snout nose butterfly’s migrating! Went for a ride today and had to stop and clean my face shield more than once

I thought the front would get rid of those longsnouts a little bit. No so , had to wash the truck 2 days in a row

I am packed and sitting at work waiting till the 5 pm whistle blows.

I am going to join the group around Luckenbach and 1376. Sander, what time are kickstands usually up after breakfast?
I'll get there early but If I somehow don't connect, I'll follow the route and see everyone in Lampasas.

Maybe the Sander group can swing through Luckenbach loop (town) and pick-up Kman and mysfelf? :rider:

Last edited:
Maybe the Sander can swing through Luckenbach loop (town) and pick Kman and mysfelf? :rider:

Of course!

We should leave Keese's in Medina no later than 945a.

We do have a quick gas top off in Kerrville, the only other gas stop on the route is in Kingsland.

Back