• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Found a Fun Place to Ride Trails in SE Houston Area

Reaction score
I'm in League City and there aren't many fun places to ride off road that I know of.

There are trails in Pearland that run along Clear Creek by Pearland Parkway @ Beltway 8. I gain access from Barry Rose / Hughes Rd. It may be private property but there are no marked signs where I enter and I see a few 4 wheelers and jeeps romping around. I tread lightly and shake my head at all the empty beer cans I see but there are lots of areas to explore. Had a blast today before the weather got ugly.

What are you taking on these rides?
I have a similar trail in Houston along the bayou from downtown, 5th ward up to 42nd pinemont area.
I take my NX250 or the KLR250

It may be private property but there are no marked signs where I enter and I see a few 4 wheelers and jeeps romping around.

Don't mean to romp on your fun, but landholders in Texas don't have to mark their property with signs. If you pass any fence, purple mark on a tree or post, or enter an area where there is obvious signs of agriculture then it's potentially tresspassing. I spent a lot of time as a teenager riding spots like the one your describe, so I'm not knocking your spot, just offering a heads up.

I take my dirtbike to magnolia creek in LC. Nothing special, just a place to test out my bike before hauling it all the way to SHNF. Might be fun for the kiddes though. A sign with threatening legal words, but I see people ride all the time. As long as you don't disturb anyone or try to hold a race there, you're probably okay. If the land is not being used; why not the public enjoy it. It would be a waste to let it sit there.

There's also a little park nearby with a trail cut by boy scots. No threatening legal signs. Heavy wooded single track. One of these days, I'm going to ride it.

Back