• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MX noob - Training videos?

Reaction score
First Name
Tj
Last Name
Dixon
Hey All!

I got my first ever dirt bike a few weeks ago. I've been out to Murphy's MX in red rock a couple of times and have had a great time white knuckling the grips and getting some serious arm pump my first time out! :rider:

Anyways, So I've been watching the Gary Semics videos and while they have some great information in them Gary is quite dry. It would be great if Gary would have someone with a bit more... um.. personality provide his information.. Ah well..

Are there any other good video series you guys would recommend for a MX newbie?

Thanks guys!

I've got a few Shane Watts DVD for sale. He speak in this really cool British accent. And he has a sidekick who clowns around. There is also a lot of cool KTM commercials imbedded. PM me if interested in buying. I think I have the first four DVD.

[edit: Oops. I missed the part about MX. Shane Watts is a enduro guy. He does only offroad stuff. He doesn't do MX. ]

:tab Just Google "dirt bike training videos" and you will get tons of stuff. I found a whole series where each short video covers a specific skill to practice. I think I posted about them in the Dual sport section here.

Found it,

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85370

Shane Watts vids are excellent if not very advanced. Another guy that makes some great videos is Ned Suisse, "Neduro" on advrider. He was the only american to finish Dakar Rally last year. His company is Dual Sport Riding http://www.dualsportriding.com/
He also helped develop the Double Take mirrors. I bit of humor in his vids but mostly just good advice. His stuff is geared more to dual sport riding but at the core level, if you can't ride slow, you can't ride fast.

edit: Scott had it in that link above.

Last edited:
Back