• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Doc's BBQ, 1277 E. loop, Crockett, Tx
Feb. 5th at noon. About 50 miles west of Nacogdoches/Lufkin, on either Hwy 7 or 21.

Oh man, I'm in Chicago ☹.
1FCB74E7-8B5A-4EA4-B8C1-91A20ADE32DE_zps6gw3ykps.jpg

Lunch a while back at Docs
1AB1B6A9-6A42-4766-9466-48BF7E612FE6_zps1fxm7tl6.jpg

You all enjoy!!!

Two meat plate with fried okra, beans, ice tea and cherry cobbler. About $11 if I remember right. Food coma followed.

Feb. 5th at noon. About 50 miles west of Nacogdoches/Lufkin, on either Hwy 7 or 21.

Rob I suggest you copy/paste this info in your first post also. Makes it easier for those new to the party and no need for them to scan the entire thread.

Food looks tasty, if they have blackberry cobbler I'll be helpless and have to eat. Otherwise I'll just be power snacking (you'll understand when I arrive). I'm joining for the great company there, not the food. Lol

_

Just bumping back up. Weather looks like it'll work. I'd be there around noon.

If you plan on coming post back. I have a small PIF item that needs a ride up to the DFW area for a handoff to another TWT'er.

Sadly I will NOT be attending. I had to swap around my day off and on call so I could attend some excellent work training next week. I'm not happy with the situation but really do want the work paid for training.

If you plan on coming post back. I have a small PIF item that needs a ride up to the DFW area for a handoff to another TWT'er.

Sadly I will NOT be attending. I had to swap around my day off and on call so I could attend some excellent work training next week. I'm not happy with the situation but really do want the work paid for training.

Anyone else attending from the north? Wouldn't have to be all the way from DFW. Sometimes the TWT pony express works easier with multiple legs.

_

... If you plan on coming post back. I have a small PIF item that needs a ride up to the DFW area for a handoff to another TWT'er. _

Heading from the Pineys to the Bonham area today, in abt an hour (or two, knowing me), on over to BigD tomorrow, zig over to N. FtW sometime before Sunday, probably Friday morning. If you can head me off at the pass somewhere, I'll run with that ball.

No clue where Harmaston is and two hours later than planned already so no time to Google it.

Heading from the Pineys to the Bonham area today, in abt an hour (or two, knowing me), on over to BigD tomorrow, zig over to N. FtW sometime before Sunday, probably Friday morning. If you can head me off at the pass somewhere, I'll run with that ball.

No clue where Harmaston is and two hours later than planned already so no time to Google it.

NE Houston, Atascocita/Lake Houston area so definitely not on your way.

_

Sorry guys going to do some trail riding instead! Be safe and have a great ride. Ill attend the next one hopefully.

Save me a seat. If the weather and work cooperate I'm going to ride up.

Looks like I'm a good to go. For the first time my lovely wife will ride over with me. See everyone there ✌

Looks like I'm a good to go. For the first time my lovely wife will ride over with me. See everyone there ✌

That's neat, can't get a wife back on a bike!:yawn:

Sure looks like a good day for a ride instead of work , I can work tomorrow I think I'll go for a ride today see ya there.

I don't know how long SilverBullet's route up there is, but noon would be better I think. I work til 10pm on Thursday, and not getting before the crack of dawn would be nice!

Cold ride early this morning but sun is up now and starting to warm. William Wolfen I'm at the meet spot in Willis now, gassed up and ready. Just realized I don't have your phone number but I'm waiting for ya so keep rolling this way. You have my phone number in the PM so give me a call if you'll be after 10am arrival.

_

Well we had 7 bikes,good start. 1 rider had a flat and had to return home. Hope he made it ok. Seems everyone had a good visit and the bbq was good. Terry and I hit some dirt roads on the way home, fun times.

Last edited:
For February 12th, how about C&J bbq in College Station at noon? Corner of Hwy30 and FM 58.

I'll be riding the cheeseburger loop from New Waverly to Yankees if someone wants to join. Weather looks warmer. I'll leave Chevron and Burger King in New Waverly around 9:30

I was the one with the flat. Picked up a 2 1/2" long screw, washer included, after turning on to Hwy 149 from Hwy 249. Got stuck on a bridge for 2 hours. Slime didn't work. Off brand fix a flat from the nearest gas station didn't work.

Several people stopped, including Cagiva 549 oddly enough. One guy gave me a ride to the nearest gas station to look for fix a flat, and another one gave me the best kolache I've ever had (real sausage!). In the end, a friend of mine was coming home to Cypress from Iola, and took a roundabout route to pick me up.

After arriving home, I took the wheel and my old spare tube to the shop and had it swapped out. After re-installing my rear wheel, I went out for a little local adventure riding. I hit up a couple of horse trails, a gully or two, and I went down what appears to be an access path along a ditch that leads to the confluence of 2 local creeks and said ditch. The horse trails were nice sandy single track along the Big Cypress Creek, and the other path was truck accessible, though it had evidence of MANY trucks getting stuck. These of course were large rutted mud pits I promptly rode around.

So for what started out as a misadventure turned out to be a nice experience in the end. It proved to me there are still good people out there, and was a good reminder that attitude and can-do spirit are what makes an adventure out of a disaster!

Oh, and I'm down for College Station next week. Does anyone know any good unpaved backroads headed that way from Cypress? I need to make up for missing Silver Bullet in Willis.

Last edited:
Great seeing everyone there. It was nice meeting your wife Becca, Doug.

Great seeing everyone there. It was nice meeting your wife Becca, Doug.

Oops, forgot about that! It was nice to have her join us. How did she like her first bike ride?

Was nice to meet up with all you guys too. Rebekah enjoyed the company, food, esp the ride ! Silverbullet planted the magic seed ! She asked me later in the day "you think I could really ride a bike ?"

Back