• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: September meet n greet n eat with A ride on the side

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
For September we are going to the big city of Brownwood to Humphrey Pete's. Had a wonder steak and baked tater there Sunday past. Was impressed,but it was hard to not try the Chicken fry.:doh: So maybe this time.:eat3:

Anyone out there want to join me?:rider: It sure was odd to eat there by myself. Time eleven AM Sunday the 10TH day of September. Please join us for food,fun and friendship. Always a great way to meet other members/riders of TWT. If you are new to TWT these help you to match site names with faces. Join us tell us all about your project bike and recent bike trips. We are all ears.

Any interest in camping? Might be a hair cooler than last M@G@E camp out.
Camping:
K~P
Zephyr
maximus_flavius

Humphrey Pete's
102 Early Blvd
Early Tx
325-646-8576

Sunday September 10TH
11AM

The in crew.:eat2:
Montejay
Mr2mch
Zephyr
rhodyne
BILL N
Zonie
K~P
txtinman
TGTUMBLEWEED+1..............10
Centexrider
maximus_flavius
JQ1.0................13

Not so sure folks.:scratch:
julimike54+1
duchess+1
Devientartist
CleatusJ
WoodButcher
Thumperaustin

Last edited:
Change my status to "in" please.

Sign me up for positively maybe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Drew, I should be there. Kory is working again that weekend.
Have you decided on the camp spot yet?

I'd like to make this, maybe even camp. Please put me down as a Maybe, Good Sir KP.

Randy
XT250 + XT1200Z

Not quite sure of the 'in' but better than 'maybe'.
How about 'mostly' ? :trust:

Yes, Lake Brownwood SP, is the only place I can think of.
It is 21 miles out of Brownwood. But, looking online it shows all
unreserved sites are on hold for storm evacuees. It shows to be
closed to regular public. Maybe would be different by next weekend.
Tent sites, with water and electricity, are $15.00 per day.
8 people max at each site.

Ahoy! You can move me to 'In' for food only on Sunday.

But I really dislike missing all the camping. SO...I'm planing on heading do to Bend to camp at Sulphur Spring Camp (some primitive) or Colorado Bend State Park on Sunday night leaving Monday morning. :zen:
I'm off on Mondays. I just wish SSC's check out was later than 9am.

Call it a Slack Monday or Non-manic Monday or whatever.:yawn:

I'm headed to the primitive camp area at SSC. In-camp road may be a bit rough all the way out the three miles to the end but that's what I wanna do. The campground seems to be a love it or hate it place. Mostly because the old couple running it never bought into modern customer service attitudes. Surly, grumpy and rude are their watchwords.
But I'm not going there for them, just the primitive quiet along the river.

And if that doesn't work for ya - and the Harvey evacuees haven't taken all the spots - Bend State Park is just up the road from it for you that prefer glamping.

This is my personal plan and I'm fine with being a single camper. But if anyone wants to tag along, go for it. Just bring gear and food for the evening. I don't like to leave after planting my hammock.

Probably have breakfast in Lampasas where the previous Bonus breakfast was.:eat3:

Carl, I'm off on Monday's too. Count me in.

Beth is off Monday's also. "In-camp road may be a bit rough all the way out the three miles to the end." Could her Honda Fit traverse this road without bottoming out too many times?

For an additional $6.00 we can leave much later.

Last edited:
Carl, I'm off on Monday's too. Count me in.

Beth is off Monday's also. "In-camp road may be a bit rough all the way out the three miles to the end." Could her Honda Fit traverse this road without bottoming out too many times?

For an additional $6.00 we can leave much later.

Zephyr, I doubt a Fit would cut it. Haven't been on it myself but all the info I can find on it says it gets rough in the primitive area.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of videos of the camp showing the road but there is one from Kenneth Kramm (camping vlogger) showing bits of the primitive area [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3hB7gdJ6Sk"]Primitive Car Camping along the Colorado River, Texas, USA[/ame] and this vid with some good shots of one of the interesting features at about 4:15[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYUGVsLoYU"]Overlanding Fishing Trip - Sulfur Springs TX Camping[/ame].

Thanks for the drone enhanced enlightenment. How did we ever live without them? Looks like I need to either ride my slightly used and abused KLR or, since Beth is coming, take my 30 year old, four wheel drive Chevy pickup. The faded red pickup it will be. The AC doesn't work, it leaks radiator water, and the tires are ancient. It be the equivalent of riding a motorcycle.

Put me down as a yes....unless I get called out all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definite maybe. Need to see what my wife has planned for the weekend.
Wonder if Mitch is going.

Been covered up at work waiting for a return call from the State Park reservation service. Trying to get a spot for use to hang out Saturday. Will let you know ASAP for those interested in camping. Weather looks like 60 degrees for Saturday night so perfect sleeping weather.

Put me down as a maybe, i'll try my best to make it but I have some family things going on this weekend that may keep me away.

Sorry, I am out for this one, moving and going to see grandbabies, maybe next time, should be a great weekend for it.

Back