• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

2N2OUT

If You Can't Be A Forum Be A
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Super Dave
Buyer beware, I purchased a K1600 GT from them in July. I asked them to finance through BMW, but they used MB Financial. Terrible interest rate, but I didn't care since I would be paying it off in short order.

Flash forward to November, I paid off the bike. MB Financial finally sent me paper work mid- December along with a note saying they didn't have my title and that I needed to contact the selling dealer to get it. I emailed the finance manager late December and didn't even get a reply. Email again and will call to follow up.

It took near 8 weeks to get my license plates out of them. Harris County said they had no record, I finally got plates after weeks of nagging them. Now they didn't process the title correctly.

Unfortunately, the folks were friendly and nice to work with, but no free 600 mile service and their lack of attention to detail means I won't ever darken their door again.:thumbd:

Good to know. I thought I may drop in some day but won't bother now.

Ron

I don't know that I'd publicly out them over making a mistake in processing the title. To be fair, most powersports dealers are terrible at email, so that seems pretty normal. You said they were nice to work with, but made a mistake. It just seems harsh to give a "buyer beware" warning on a public forum over something like this. Just my two cents.

Fair enough, I left out some details trying not completely bash them. Suffice to say there were other issues.

I honestly haven't been in lately but have bought 2 bikes from them with no trouble. Not sure one guys bad luck should totally bash a dealers rep.

Good to know. I thought I may drop in some day but won't bother now.

Ron

Because one guy had a problem? You think there's any dealer in Houston that someone hasn't had a problem with? Your choice obviously.

Tags and title issues should be reported to the state although prior issues I have had with state paperwork didn't turn out well , the paper work is a rather important part of the transaction , failure on their part is unacceptable behavior , not a mistake .

My question, I can't imagine a bank not requiring the title as collateral in their possession. Do dealers give free 600 mile service?

My question, I can't imagine a bank not requiring the title as collateral in their possession. Do dealers give free 600 mile service?

Johnson County Motorsports did on my KTM.
But only because I negotiated for it.

It's been my experience and witness that dealers are only your best friend while purchasing something. After that ...

Lone Star BMW used to include 600 mile service. And I agree that avoid them over one report is extreme. Better to just be aware to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to you. Also, I've heard of several people that have been very happy.

I'd take this as a general PSA that you need to stay on top of any dealer when it comes to title issues.

In the powersport industry, ANY dealership issue with title and financing is a red flag to me. There should never be title issues from a place that does their job correctly.

Far too many instances of floor plan games out there from owners making bad decisions. Ultimately, it's usually the buyers that get stuck with title issues.

It's worth sharing, otherwise no one would know they weren't the only one (if that is the case). If no other issues reported, then it's a one off error and should be treated as such.

In the powersport industry, ANY dealership issue with title and financing is a red flag to me. There should never be title issues from a place that does their job correctly.

Far too many instances of floor plan games out there from owners making bad decisions. Ultimately, it's usually the buyers that get stuck with title issues.

It's worth sharing, otherwise no one would know they weren't the only one (if that is the case). If no other issues reported, then it's a one off error and should be treated as such.

I agree, have to ad, as I stated bought 2 bikes but it's been a year since last one. I haven't even been to shop in 10 months so could be a new crew. But experience was good, my buddy has bought several bikes cash deals and no problems.

I just hate seeing one red flag without hearing other side. I say again there is no dealer out there someone didn't have a beef with. Internet makes it easy to rip someone.

Hopefully he gets it straighten out to his satisfaction.

I just hate seeing one red flag without hearing other side. I say again there is no dealer out there someone didn't have a beef with. Internet makes it easy to rip someone.

Perception and emotion ...

One person's rip is another's sharing.

I see the OPs comments as an emotional sharing.
we've all been there where a hassle like this is anxiety filled bag of hoops an owner has to jump through ... unnecessarily. Venting occurs.

I would prefer the raw data and then let me draw my own conclusions.

Would I steer clear from BMW of Woodlands altogether based upon this thread? Probably not. But if I found myself there looking at a potential purchase, I would certainly leverage this data to my benefit.

Just as the internet makes it easy to rip someone's experiences, it also makes it easy to rip someone posting their experiences.

Badgering a thread owner's raw emotions might prevent the next poster from sharing experiences while the data and emotion is high on the list.

Give me the data and let me decide.

Thanks for the info, 2N2OUT :chug:

Right. I would change banks if mine financed a bike and did not pressure to receive title. Most financial institutes would be jumping up and down if the title and insurance wasn't received in a timely fashion.
I know this isn't exactly what happed here, but bank is making money just like dealer did. The bank loan was unsecured. Oh well everyone makes mistakes and that is a fact and all three parties can learn from this mistake. What purpose could it serve other than a mistake?

Last edited:
Has anyone had their scoot serviced there? I really like Cuz'n Bob's in Austin but the Woodylands are way closer.

Has anyone had their scoot serviced there? I really like Cuz'n Bob's in Austin but the Woodylands are way closer.

My 1200 GS has been there twice. Both times dealing with the service department was great. I was shocked when it came time to pay... It was FAR less than what I was expecting!

I've no experience purchasing bikes there... or anywhere else... because it has been so long since I bought a bike from a dealership.

I bought a bike there, also bought parts & gear, had service done, traded in 2 bikes and would give them 5 stars. Offered the best prices on my purchases. Good people to work with in my experience.

I agree, have to ad, as I stated bought 2 bikes but it's been a year since last one. I haven't even been to shop in 10 months so could be a new crew. But experience was good, my buddy has bought several bikes cash deals and no problems.

Hopefully he gets it straighten out to his satisfaction.

Don't recall ever hearing of someone bashing Lone Star BMW but they sold to the corporate conglomerate so those days are gone...I never had any dealer treat me as well as Lone Star did:chug:

Perception and emotion ...

One person's rip is another's sharing.

I see the OPs comments as an emotional sharing.
we've all been there where a hassle like this is anxiety filled bag of hoops an owner has to jump through ... unnecessarily. Venting occurs.

I would prefer the raw data and then let me draw my own conclusions.

Would I steer clear from BMW of Woodlands altogether based upon this thread? Probably not. But if I found myself there looking at a potential purchase, I would certainly leverage this data to my benefit.

Just as the internet makes it easy to rip someone's experiences, it also makes it easy to rip someone posting their experiences.

Badgering a thread owner's raw emotions might prevent the next poster from sharing experiences while the data and emotion is high on the list.

Give me the data and let me decide.

Thanks for the info, 2N2OUT :chug:

Not trying to "bash" op, just my findings.

2N2OUT - I very much appreciate the information you shared. And I agree that the issues you experienced are 100% unacceptable. I empathize with your frustration and time you had to spend to get what you needed. It reflects VERY poorly on the dealer in my mind.
Again thanks for sharing so that we can be aware.

Don't recall ever hearing of someone bashing Lone Star BMW but they sold to the corporate conglomerate so those days are gone...I never had any dealer treat me as well as Lone Star did:chug:

Robert and his team spoiled us. That's why we kept going back. I bought two bikes from him and no telling how much in accessories. How often can you make a $600 impulse purchase and not feel bad about it later? Lone Star could do that.

My wife's cousin didn't like Lone Star because they wouldn't change his oil immediately when he dropped by without an appointment one Saturday. The fault there wasn't with Lone Star.

That reminds me. I own Robert an email.

Back