• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

JT had a wreck

Not a 'pretty picture' . . .
Hope you continue to heal well, those dirt riders must be missing you.

JT, we've never met but I wish you a thorough recovery. I talked(texted) to Gina tonight and she let me know you had a couple boo-boos. Welcome to the fractured scapula club, also to the there-goes-my-vertebra-gang. Looks like your foot has some hardware too.

I remember being bull-headed during my medical lay-ups. Couldn't stand to be kept down. If you're like me (I didn't listen to a word my nurses or doctors said, they use a lot of "don'ts") put your head down and go to work, get yourself back to speed. Bottom line, take care of yourself and do your best :thumb:

Mr JT was out and about this weekend 4wheeling around central texas and we all had breaky (as gina says) together up in Lampasas. He is healthy looking and looks good with the weight loss.

When Gina posted about meeting you guys in Lampasas, I kind of hoped JT was riding shotgun on the Strom :)

It was good to finally meet JT and Gina this weekend.

JT, hope you continue to heal up well and quickly.

I should have posted this update last night, but I fell asleep in my recliner with my laptop. ;-)
Yesterday was a milestone, first day back at work. It went very well. I will be in the plastic boot for another 2-3 weeks so I can walk, slowly. But at least I can put full weight on the foot without pain.
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers, good thoughts and contributions.

I should have posted this update last night, but I fell asleep in my recliner with my laptop. ;-)
Yesterday was a milestone, first day back at work. It went very well. I will be in the plastic boot for another 2-3 weeks so I can walk, slowly. But at least I can put full weight on the foot without pain.
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers, good thoughts and contributions.
Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fortunately your a healthy tough ol hombre. Good to hear, for only about 3 months, your a good healer considering. They say the physical act of walking, and the sole of the foot actually acts as a tissue circulation pump for our lower extremities. This (walking) should aid in that bone growth you were talking about. Circulation is key.

Last edited:
That’s great JT! Missed you at Mextrek amigo - hope to see you in Big Bend.

Glad to hear things are going well JT, fingers crossed you continue to heal well and hope we can all ride with you next year.

Gary

Hi there JT. What an ordeal, but so glad you’re on the tail end now. I heard several conversations about this during the MexTrek that just wrapped up... so, as you already know, there are lots of folks pulling for you - which certainly says a lot about you! Keep up the PT. All the best - Curtis

Back