• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Easiest, fastest TPS adjustment ever?!

Reaction score
I finally got around to checking my TPS, rigging up a paper clip to put the bike in dealer mode. When I turned the bike on, initially it showed -C00 so I thought it was okay, but after 4-5 seconds, it changed to _C00. So I purchased a set of folding Torx bits for $8 from the local auto parts store because they didn't sell the correct size individually.

Based on what I'd read, I expected to spend 15-30 minutes fiddling with the super sensitive sensor to get it to show -C00. I found the right size bit on the second try by inserting it into the upper screw, and then turned the power and key back on to proceed with the adjustment. Lo and behold, the display showed -C00 again, and this time it stayed there. I even shut things off/on again a few times to see if it changed, but it didn't. Apparently it was so close to being correct, simply checking the fit of the Torx bit was enough to get it right again.

So given how this played out, I doubted there'd be any noticeable difference in the bike's behavior. However, when I took it out for a ride I was pleasantly surprised to find it was considerably smoother in first, second, and even third gear.

Just curious - has anyone else had such an easy time adjusting the TPS?

Back