• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oil drain plug too tight

As in , worse than no torque wrench at all :confused:

Often, yes...

Not know to be accurate and /or not know to be accurate for long and / or not known to be consistent.

To each his own,, do what works for you, your budget and your goals.

why is that? I have one and have had it tested, it was accurate.

I am sure everyone has access to the required testing equipment. That being said why not spend a few more dollars and purchase a tool from a reputable manufacturer.

It may still come out of the same factory in China.

true... if your buying tools at the Horror Freight level, no matter the brand or discount supplier you buy from, a $20 tq wrench is going to be a like quality / comparable manufacture

For the occasional use, most HF are good and guaranteed for life but I would not torque my bike with one...

Only really needed it for the oil plug, checked home depot and they were $80. Amazon has Tekkon but I've never heard of them before, plus the need to have it right then and there.

Back