• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Last Minute Fayetteville DS Loop

Reaction score
Doing a shakedown ride tomorrow Saturday 4/14/18 on my DR650 and decided to ride the Fayetteville DS Loop. I will start at Bucee's in Waller TX around 9am and be on the west side of the parking lot. I plan on doing the loop counter clockwise so if anybody wants to join in that's where I'll be. :rider:

Of course this all weather dependent

~160 mile ride from Waller TX to Fayetteville Tx and back. All back roads, dirt roads and creek crossings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing a shakedown ride tomorrow Saturday 4/14/18 on my DR650 and decided to ride the Fayetteville DS Loop. I will start at Bucee's in Waller TX around 9am and be on the west side of the parking lot. I plan on doing the loop counter clockwise so if anybody wants to join in that's where I'll be. :rider:

Of course this all weather dependent

I'm interested.

Thinking I'm going to call it and try another day! Wishful thinking on my part the weather was NOT going to be as bad as the weatherman said it would be.
Looks like the storms are "training" over the area I was going to ride.....Maybe next time!:giveup:

Thinking I'm going to call it and try another day! Wishful thinking on my part the weather was NOT going to be as bad as the weatherman said it would be.
Looks like the storms are "training" over the area I was going to ride.....Maybe next time!:giveup:

My thoughts as well. It is 7:30am and still raining and lightning. I have other things scheduled tomorrow at noon. So it will be one of the next weekends for me.

I am working on a Katy to Lockhart route, Luling route and a San Marcos river loop. Some of it borrows from the Fayette loop. One weekend I will explore it.

Katy to Lockhart route sounds like a good plan if it includes a lunch stop at Smittys Market.;-)

I just found this thread- I know a lot of the area from San Marcos to Lockhart to Luling. Hit me up if y'all are exploring out my way.

Tomorrow I am riding a route I made from San Marcos to Joel's BBQ in Flatonia.

Last edited:
I ran the route today. Great ride, but shorter than I was expecting- 6 hours moving, 12 minutes stuffing half a chicken down my face.

Back